Pacific Quay Musings?

5 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

Pretty explosive stuff. Michael Stewart actually talked sense. Clearly implicating Celtic as controlling this corruption. 

You are correct.

I wonder if FC Holicom have over-egged a rancid pudding?

Earlier this week, Chris Sutton had a pop at Michael Stewart, claiming his BBC Radio Scotland opinions of last weekend were made, "whilst wearing a Hearts jersey".

2 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Earlier this week, Chris Sutton had a pop at Michael Stewart, claiming his BBC Radio Scotland opinions of last weekend were made, "whilst wearing a Hearts jersey".

Noted champion of impartial comment!

On 11/04/2020 at 16:42, 26th of foot said:

The ninety minute discussion on yesterday's events concluded with Tom English saying, "I spoke with someone this morning who has been involved with Scottish football administration for five decades. He says yesterday was the worst he has ever seen for machiavellian manoeuvres".

WTF? 

Where are Peter's Firefighters? I think I can hear the megaphones at PQ bellowing, 'Chris, Chris, where are you, hurry'!

Peter´s firefighters tend to take Saturday afternoons off given Sportsound don´t tend to pose their boss any problems.

I listened to the programme and it sounded to me as if the good guys had actually engineered a mini and temporary coup.

In other words, our much maligned PR wing recognised the importance of these 90 minutes (pretty much all stakeholders would be listening and it produces headlines) and decided to engineer a takeover of the narrative. We won this particular staging post but made the mistake of over-egging our particluar contribution, when I don´t think we needed to or was it wise to do so.

I fancy tomorrow will see another interesting programme and the SPFL will carefully be preparing the ground.

Our problem is we can´t contribute directly because of the situation between us and BeebScot. Sometimes you have to do unexpected things to catch the enemy off guard....Why not make a late request and send someone in to put our case forward, if it´s thought it could deliver enough benefit and we could satisfactorily answer the obvious question/attack that would come our way regards "whistleblower evidence".

--------------

This isn´t about changing the vote, that´s gone (unless legal challenge goes in sharpish).

It´s about pointing the finger at SPFL, holding them to account and ultimately forcing people out of their positions (the likes of Tom English and even Michael Stewart would find it difficult to rally against us regards that). Not to forget the campaign to discredit the inevitable award of the title.

We have ammo to use.

Simply, a comprehensive timeline of what we actually know plus Partick´s Legal Opinion.

Use it in a rational and calm manner.

Edited by buster.

35 minutes ago, buster. said:

In other words, our much maligned PR wing recognised the importance of these 90 minutes (pretty much all stakeholders would be listening and it produces headlines) and decided to engineer a takeover of the narrative.

I think you are hugely overestimating the importance of BBC Sportsound.

19 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think you are hugely overestimating the importance of BBC Sportsound.

Last weeks programme was where and when things really kicked off.

At the moment, it´s the single biggest influence regards the current narrative.

Narrative for what Rangers are doing at the moment is crucial.

The SPFL won´t be waiting to see what happens on Sportsound, they´ll be looking to control the message as best they can.

Last weeks programme was where and when things really kicked off.

ps.

I don´t want to de-rail this thread, any further disagreement, point or whatever please use the SPFL thread where I´ve posted the same,...thank´s !

Edited by buster.

Off the ball preparing the ground, as expected.

Cosgrove..."whit do Rangers want oot o this?"..."what are they getting so angry about?"....in the usual dismissive tone.

I think they call that misleading by omission.

edit

Just to add, I´m paraphrasing what Cosgrove said.

Edited by buster.

40 minutes ago, buster. said:

Off the ball preparing the ground, as expected.

Cosgrove..."whit do Rangers want oot o this?"..."what are they getting so angry about?"....in the usual dismissive tone.

I think they call that misleading by omission.

As stated, it is predicable.

In DrStu's next wheezing breath, he's demanding to hear from Rangers fans. Whatever became of all those compliant notional Rangers fans? Cowan delivers the one-two, "Derek Ferguson is tonight's guest". Bring in another useful idiot.

Further, no mention of Lawwell, Shifty McGifty, or Rod McKenzie.

Today's favourite was DrStu' welcoming Dundee United back into the SPFL Premiership, "a club at the very heart of Scottish football fabric". Given the emphasis on Dundee FC this week, you would think Jum Spence would be the very guy to explain the dynamic? Nah, the caravan moves on, and the only dogs barking are H-u-ns, and they don't count.  

14 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

As stated, it is predicable.

In DrStu's next wheezing breath, he's demanding to hear from Rangers fans. Whatever became of all those compliant notional Rangers fans? Cowan delivers the one-two, "Derek Ferguson is tonight's guest". Bring in another useful idiot.

Further, no mention of Lawwell, Shifty McGifty, or Rod McKenzie.

Today's favourite was DrStu' welcoming Dundee United back into the SPFL Premiership, "a club at the very heart of Scottish football fabric". Given the emphasis on Dundee FC this week, you would think Jum Spence would be the very guy to explain the dynamic? Nah, the caravan moves on, and the only dogs barking are H-u-ns, and they don't count.  

The Ferguson brothers were excellent footballers but as pundits they come with strings attached and they´ll most often go in the direction prompted by whoever is in charge. That is exactly what will happen when Cosgrove speaks with Derek later on.

Could you not phone up and verbally viscerate ra bastards in a particularly calm tone ?

Edited by buster.