Pacific Quay Musings?

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

The EDM has seven signatures.

There is a petition floating about which may well have 30,000 signatures but I fear neither EDM nor petition will have any effect.

I think we have a situation here where the SPFL trio simply cannot afford to allow an independent investigation because they know they're stuffed if they do. So they will do anything and everything to avoid it. Death or glory

The Tom English reaction after the Gregory Campbell MP phonecall was simply a disgrace. 

The quote by itself, "why was that man allowed on the show"? doesn't convey the indignant tone that it was delivered in.

On a PR/lobbyist note, I think having a DUP MP on Sportsound might actually have a net negative effect on Scottish football clubs and their Chairmen. Despite the fact that, as 26th pointed out, Campbell had played with a straight bat, talked openly and courtesly.

The BBC have said DUP MP Gregory Campbell was cut from Saturday's Sportsound podcast due to time constraints.

The controversial politician, also a Rangers fan, appeared on the live show to discuss tabling a motion for an independent probe into the SPFL voting fiasco in the House of Commons.

A number of fans reacted angrily to Campbell's appearance and the interview was removed from the listen again version.

And now the national broadcaster have explained their decision.

A spokesperson told The Scottish Sun : "We thank Mr Campbell for taking part in the live discussion on Sportsound to explain his reasons for raising the issue in Parliament.

“However, due to time constraints with the duration of the podcast and as far as moving the story forward, we decided to use other contributors in the podcast.”

Pundit Michael Stewart later clarified he did not agree with Campbell's presence, thanking each of the other contributors in a Tweet.

He later said: “I didn’t know about it till we went on air.

“I’m not in favour of de-platforming people in general but I don’t see why the MP was on the show, so I don’t agree with it.”

In 2019, Campbell was one of 21 MPs to oppose the introduction of LGBT inclusive education in English schools.

He also voted against the legalisation of abortion and same sex marriage in Northern Ireland.

Tom English is a foreign journalist and his wages are funded by the BBC licence fee, which is paid by UK citizens.

Gregory Campbell is a democratically elected UK MP.

I think it shows how low PQ has sunk when someone like English says something like that about a Member of Parliament.  

The spectre of Gregory Campbell MP continues to haunt PQ. 

The DUP MP, Gregory Campbell's several minute contribution from last week has been wiped. We cannot hear the motivation of his Early Day Motion. "That man" and his views have been disappeared, book burning is a rare heat will be a topic on next week's 'Off the Ball'. DrStu' cannot help himself, he is promising Sportsound will have Robert Mugabe on later this afternoon. The Jesuit/ Edinburgh University educated Marxist is dead, but DrStu' sounded confident, probably formed a bond on the Northern Soul dance floor?

Talking of matters Robert Mugabe, Sportsound is promising a live interview with SPFL Chief Executive, Neil Doncaster.

Cannae ewait.

Have Tom and Michael been for re-education in the past couple of weeks?  They seem to have gone from being outspoken opponents of the SPFL skullduggery to compliant yes men within a matter of days.