Pacific Quay Musings?

Pacific Quay versus Salford.

On Friday morning last, Rangers supporters awoke to lurid headlines generated by a Daily Record exclusive. Klaxon Jackson had penned a piece claiming Rangers were subject to a SFA probe predicated upon Rangers fielding up to nine players without Covid-19 negative results, against Motherwell during Wednesday evening's pre-season friendly. Stand-in Chair of the SFA, Mike Mulraney was progressing the probe as Rangers may have breached testing protocols? PQ loved the story and copied it word for word, placing the fantasy on their website and Scots CeeFax news service as lead item. 

At this point, we should consider Klaxon Jackson. Humanity owes Keith, he allowed Apollo 15's moon buggy to be trial tested on his face for a year, back in the day. A legacy of florid, corned beef complexion is coupled with a chip on his shoulder. The company doing the testing for ten of the Scots Premiership clubs(including Rangers) is English based, Signpost take 48 hrs to receive, test, and return results. St Mirren had seven positive tests readdressed to six false positives. The leak is at Signpost, the Record paid for confidential information? We should be told. Spiteful Keith's impatience appeared in print.

At the same time, BBC Salford took a different take on the story during Friday morning. On it's CeeFax football pages and football website, it reported, "the SFA has written to Rangers, Motherwell, and Hibs reference the possibility of a breach in Covid-19 testing". Note, the expanse to three clubs involved, the omission of Mike Mulraney, and no assumption of guilt. By midday, PQ had revised their effort, Mulraney's name disappeared and the Dundee United game at Auchinhowie was the focus. The story disappeared from CeeFax news, and became the last item on the website.

Step forward Chris McLaughlin, he did a piece to camera for BBC Scotland's lunchtime news bulletin. It was outside St Mirren's ground and focused on false positives. Rangers were now an aside at the end of the broadcast, "meanwhile, it has emerged Rangers face an SFA probe into whether the club may have breached testing protocols". Again, PQ's website changed to a single sentence, "As many as nine Rangers players may have played in a bounce game against Dundee United on Wednesday without having received negative Covid-19 test results".

By early evening PQ had dropped the item, some 4-5 hours after BBC Salford had arrived at the same decision. Mulraney had been clearly over exposed by both Klaxon and PQ. As usual, several hours too late, professional Arab Yahoo, Jum Spence came to the party and had this line on his Twitter feed, "Dundee United have a right to be absolutely raging". May I remind PQ, and Salford, the Daily Record has had a commercial arrangement with Sellik for several years(they print and publish both ra Sellik View and the matchday programme). PQ are vicTIMS of their own making, recently they decided not to attribute stories on the website to Journos. It has become like Sportscene ie no credits. 

PQ's Online Producer is Stefan Bienkowski. A former Sellik 'zine Editor and Blogger. Who can forget his credited story on the PQ website in December'19? Stefan demanded the cancellation of the then upcoming General Election because on the night of the poll, "15,000 Celtic supporters will be in Romania, and those missing votes could crucially effect the election outcome". The next time Stand-in Chair of the SFA, Mike Mulraney wants a probe, I suggest he starts with both Stefan and Klaxon. Use two yards of fibre optic without lubrication.

1 hour ago, Ted McMinnime said:

Am I correct in thinking the same Stefan Bienkowski has also penned some unflattering & inaccurate Rangers match reports on the PQ website in the past? ? 

Absolutely.

It's the price of entry into the PQ Gang Hut.

Warranted?

I have watched a number of BBC Scotland news bulletins today, listened to BBC Radio Scotland at various times today, and read both BBC Scotland Ceefax and website on occasions today. There is no reporting whatsoever of Motherwell CEO, Alan Burrows having a warrant issued for his arrest. The 'Well Chief Exec' failed to trap at Hamilton Sheriff Court on Tuesday as a prosecution witness. The accused is Sean Baillie, he is charged with throwing a cup of hot liquid at Alfredo Morelos after he scored Rangers second goal at Fir Park. Sean, a 30 year old man  from Maryhill pled not guilty. Apparently, Sean enjoys hanging out with the 'well ultras group, 'the Bois', most of whom are 14 years old. 

Burrows has offered the excuse of work commitments preventing his court attendance. The police contacted Mr Burrows reference his absence and it is reported in the Sun that the Depute PF told Sheriff Alasdair McFadyen, "I've just been updated that Mr Burrows is actively refusing to attend court today and in this respect I would seek a warrant for his arrest". Sheriff McFadyen then issued said warrant. The trial is suspended until November.

I suspect this story is being subdued by BBC Scotland, why I do not know? An issued warrant for the arrest of a Scottish Premiership Club's CEO is news, surely?

An Economic Standard of Life, Guaranteed!

I note Angela Haggerty has once again appeared on several BBC Scotland TV and radio shows over the weekend, and since. She enjoys constant Tweeting and we must thank her for boasting of being hungover whilst appearing on Seven Days. Her Twitter feed contains lots of congratulations, back slapping, and bravo from those, like her guaranteed an economic standard of life. Kevin McKenna, Annie McGuire, Janey Godley, Nick Sheridan, ............. etc all want to be seen to be aboard the rolling gravy train. You might notice a certain grouping has no reserved seats on this particular choo-choo, we should Call it Out.

Michael Stewart?

Mikey's Twitter feed contains a number of adverts for Sellik TV - 'the Celts are Back'. It's over eight weeks and counting, still no sign of Michael on BBC Scotland. When are they going to tell us that the Rangers Hater in Chief has moved to his natural home? Maybe Sheriff McFadyen could issue a warrant? We should be told.

19 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Sean, a 30 year old man  from Maryhill

19 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Sean enjoys hanging out with the 'well ultras group, 'the Bois', most of whom are 14

Sounds like he's a yahoo.

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

Steve Carson will replace good old Donalda later this year...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/steve-carson

Another Irishman gets a leg-up at PQ. I have never heard of this guy, but something tells me I already know which foot he kicks with and that the ongoing abuse of our club from BBC Scotland will be guaranteed to continue unashamed.

Can anyone confirm or tell me differently?

Methodist married to an RC according to other sources which can be hysterically reliable or reliably hysterical, so evenly balanced on the face of it. On the other hand to get on in the bbc especially bbc sco’llan’ you have to be of a mindset that does not favour Unionism nor the adherents thereto.