Pacific Quay Musings?

20 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

BIG Dick is Pig Sick.

Saturday was the usual, Big Dick hosted, 'Open All Mikes'. Thus, all Premiership and Championship grounds hosting a fixture had a BBC Scotland reporter with an open microphone providing; a match preview, team news, score flashes, updates, a half-time report and, a full time report. All grounds except one, Ibrox. The vast majority continue to pay their BBC License Fees and receive a lesser service. It amounts to whoever is het, sat on the naughty step watching the live TV feed. Big Dick announces, 'Whoever will be right across all events at Ibrox'. In reality, we receive team news, a thirty second half-time report and, a similar timed full time report. On Saturday, it was Rory Somebody.

Of course, the PQ Dandies were all glued to the TV feed, including Big Dick. The half-time report was a dirge from Rory, Aberdeen were defending stoutly, Rangers were huffing and puffing. Full time was all about the goal, Rory thought two things; Bassey had perpetrated a clear foul on Aberdeen player, Calvin Ramsey and, there was a question of offside. Big Dick then does a run down of results and throws in a bit of colour, ie scorers, club position in the league as a result, incidents to look out for on Sportscene. Big Dick decided John Beaton was the fulcrum, "Rangers supporters will be unused to some of his decisions today" and, Aberdeen will certainly have a couple of questions over Roofe's goal".

Big Dick then got quite hissy over Alan Preston's quip about Aberdeen retaining tenth position in the Premiership. Big Dick's favourites last visit to Ibrox saw Big Dick take to his Aberdeen Press and Journal column to castigate John Beaton for awarding Rangers a penalty when Don, David Bates grabbed Sakala's jersey and pull him to the ground. Like his team, Big Dick only spits venom on three or four occasions per season. Sportscene proved Jonathon Sutherland does the same. He is another Dandy host determined to frame discussion on shown highlights in a Northern Light. He echoed Big Dick and Rory by introducing two questions, the foul and possible offside? Both questions were quickly dismissed by the panel.

It's a determined effort, Jim Goodwin continues to shout offside and Bates is in today's newspapers proclaiming, "you don't get the big decisions at Ibrox". Is this all to mask Aberdeen are tenth in the table and Scott Brown is in a huff and wanting to leave Pittodrie? Maybe Big Dick will tell all in this week's P and J column? Oh, and while his snout is in the game changing trough, he might want to comment on Assistant Referee, Frank Connor's contribution last week at Ibrox(two flags for Morelos) and yesterday at Livingston(awarding a corner when Ralston handled the ball over the line for a bye-kick)? 

Not that they will care but he was 3 yards onside. 

they really need to try harder. 

English's comment regarding that Nonce FC Tweet was spot on.  It actually looked like the Dafabet was photoshopped onto the picture.

I think we all know why PQ CSC have taken a new approach here though.  

35 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Wishing on a Red Star.

As we have already discussed on this thread, BBC Scotland largely ignored Rangers knocking out Europa League favourites, Borussia Dortmund from the tournament. I do not mind PQ decided our Ladies and Mens Olympic Curlers journeys to winning Gold and Silver medals respectively was deemed more worthy of coverage. I do not mind they decided the Celtic - Bodo Glimp tie in the Europa Conference League was more worthy of live commentary and, I don't mind the machinations at Aberdeen are considered more worthy for the bulk of discussion over the period. All PQ had to do was pay BT Sport the required amount to show the game's goals . They did not.

At the start of the season, RAB Cosgrove provided first evidence of BBC Scotland's take on matters Rangers, "ah don't get it, Rangers fans are standing on the side lines, beelin". RAB repeated this line a few times and if you think about it, BBC Scotland were deliberately putting us on the side lines and their reaction was to ignore us and our aspirations. Even Michael Stewart gave up on his weekly 'Trial by Sportscene'; demanding numerous retrospective red cards for Morelos. It could be argued PQ is just reflecting Scots wider society's take on the Club, not one of the SNP's 108 MPs and MSPs support Rangers. Those credentials were flashed again last week when none of the SNP MSPs at Holyrood signed the early day motion offering congratulations to Rangers on their 150th anniversary, including First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon whose constituency includes Ibrox.

However, BBC Scotland is contracted by the License Fee to provide a service, even to Rangers supporters. I detect a slight change this week in the wake of the Red Star game. On Thursday night after Midnight, BBC Scotland's last news bulletin carried the Ranger result and having paid BT Sport the necessary fee, showed Rangers three goals with a Kheredine Idessane voiceover. Today, Cosgrove and Cowan mentioned the result at the top of the show, then talked endlessly about last night's Ayrshire Derby. Mention it early, then consign it to the sidelines is the current Immediate Action - coping mechanism. Jum Spence wears his black heart on his Twitter sleeve, he Tweeted 17 times when Dundee United defeated Rangers earlier this season; on Thursday evening he issued one Tweet, "penalty to Rangers". Later, he reinforced this broadcast by claiming, "it succinctly captures events at Ibrox".

PQ's journey with the Rangers - Red Star Belgrade tie began with a wishing on a Red Star moment(apologies to Rose Royce). Four days before the game, the headline on the Website was, 'When Red Star beat Rangers on the way to Euro' Glory'. A dozen paragraphs lionising the Red Star team that won the European Cup, particularly since, "they drew and brushed aside Rangers". As the article went on it sharpened, "the Belgrade side routed Rangers on the way to their greatest triumph". The relevance of events 32 years ago were tied into current times with, "BBC Scotland can reveal Red Star are privately pleased to be paired with Rangers". It was the last paragraph before PQ threw in a bit of balance, "nonetheless GVB's men will aim to channel the spirit of 1964 and 2007, two years when Rangers got the better of Red Star".

BBC Scotland's various contributors to the numerous shows on Scottish football constantly opine, even bitterly moan about folks missing opportunities to talk up Scottish football. The above preview fails but the real piss on your chips moment arrived during the two and half hour live coverage of the game itself. BIG Dick hosted Richard Foster, Charlie Adam and, Leeanne Chricton. Now, Charlie was enthusiastic but his emotion did not influence Big Dick. After 25 minutes, I tuned in whilst seated in Bar'72. I wanted to find out the reason for the award of our penalty. Rangers are winning two zip and Big Dick is NOT talking up the Scottish game, "we have had twenty five minutes and the ball has been in play for barely sixteen or seventeen minutes, this is not what VAR is for". 

I was deliriously happy with VAR, everyone around me was in agreement. The fact that PQ cannot be arsed to walk half a mile to the Stadium and participate in the atmosphere of a Scots team achieving a victory that again improves the National co-efficient, is a big part of the problem. Any given Sellik Euro game, we have Big Dick with the Blarney Twins constantly eulogising the green'n'grey hooped heroes, straining to heard over the Stade de Gadd PA banging out the Irish music. VAR had failed Big Dick, lamenting Red Star's offsides constantly but, relief arrived at one minute to ten(four minutes after the game ended) when BBC Scotland's football coverage finished.

At half time I tuned in once again and Big Dick did not discuss the first forty-five happenings - two goals, three VAR decisions, a converted penalty, a saved penalty, five minutes added time, ............. etc; the weekend's Scottish Cup fixtures and the Dundee - St Johnstone relegation fight were deemed more important. Could you imagine BBC Scotland doing similar during half time at a Sellik Euro game? On Friday morning, GB's Para-Olympians were front and centre, by Noon the Ayrshire Derby was being previewed but, none of it runs interference on Big Dick's summary before the second half began, "busy first half, Allan McGregor was lucky to get away with a fumble, Ryan Kent's penalty was certainly a controversial one, Red Star also missed a penalty as well as having the ball in the Rangers net twice but not counting, however Rangers are two nil in front and, errrh well errrm that is good for Scottish football"

That last line, I am sure as Big Dick uttered it he had his fingers crossed, whilst wishing on his Red Star? 

They just don't fucking like us  

From the Tunnel of Hate to the Grassy Knoll.

PQ have changed tact, from continuing as if a Scottish Club(Rangers) had not knocked out the German club(Borussia Dortmund) second in the Bundesliga in European competition to now, attempting to grab a piece of the action. BBC Scotland's preview of the Red Star Belgrade tie contained the revelation, "Red Star are privately pleased to be paired with Rangers". Their preview of last evening's game in Belgrade was Alasdair Lamont walking, "the tunnel of hate" at the Marakana stadium. Two hundred and fifty metres of graffiti is intended to be claustrophobic and intimidating, big Al' just pulled his coat and scarf closer. 

Game coverage was Big Dick sat in the PQ studio, with Richard Foster, Mark Hately and, Leanne Crichton. Liam McLeod commentated from the studio whilst watching the BT Sport live feed. Apparently, "Rangers have rode their luck"? we all have a view, I do not think any team can progress to the last eight of a European trophy without a bit of luck. Big Dick said it often enough to know it was his comfort blanket and he was clinging on. Anyways, Big Dick ended with, "Rangers have a maximum of fifteen games left in the season if they go all the way in each of the three competitions they are participating in". Okay, we'll keep riding the luck, Big Dick can keep riding Dolly.

BBC Scotland's last news bulletin carried a twenty second clip showing all three goals, heavy emphasis on Ryan Kent's, "deflected goal". Their first morning bulletin had Al Lamont post match in the Marakana with the held in Rangers support at his back. Al' told of Ryan Kent's, "deflected goal" and the quarter final draw being held after midday. The lunch time News had Kheredine Idessane standing upon the Hinshelwood Grassy Knoll, he told of the draw, "Braga are the best Rangers could have hoped for, avoiding Barcelona, Lyon and, West Ham". Then, we had a VoxPop filmed outside the Rangers Superstore. Nothing outrageous but why can't Rangers supporters just tell BBC Scotland to fcuk off?

Tomorrow, BBC Scotland's Sports Correspondent and Chief Sports writer, Chris and Tom visit Dublin for the Ireland versus Scotland Rugby Six Nations international. It will be scrum down for the Craic, slurping the broth of Bhoys, and, the luck of the Irish. I hope Chris and Tom do not take turns in the unedifying sight of riding Irish luck. Certainly, they'll have a deflected Try.

11 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

From the Tunnel of Hate to the Grassy Knoll.

PQ have changed tact, from continuing as if a Scottish Club(Rangers) had not knocked out the German club(Borussia Dortmund) second in the Bundesliga in European competition to now, attempting to grab a piece of the action. BBC Scotland's preview of the Red Star Belgrade tie contained the revelation, "Red Star are privately pleased to be paired with Rangers". Their preview of last evening's game in Belgrade was Alasdair Lamont walking, "the tunnel of hate" at the Marakana stadium. Two hundred and fifty metres of graffiti is intended to be claustrophobic and intimidating, big Al' just pulled his coat and scarf closer. 

Game coverage was Big Dick sat in the PQ studio, with Richard Foster, Mark Hately and, Leanne Crichton. Liam McLeod commentated from the studio whilst watching the BT Sport live feed. Apparently, "Rangers have rode their luck"? we all have a view, I do not think any team can progress to the last eight of a European trophy without a bit of luck. Big Dick said it often enough to know it was his comfort blanket and he was clinging on. Anyways, Big Dick ended with, "Rangers have a maximum of fifteen games left in the season if they go all the way in each of the three competitions they are participating in". Okay, we'll keep riding the luck, Big Dick can keep riding Dolly.

BBC Scotland's last news bulletin carried a twenty second clip showing all three goals, heavy emphasis on Ryan Kent's, "deflected goal". Their first morning bulletin had Al Lamont post match in the Marakana with the held in Rangers support at his back. Al' told of Ryan Kent's, "deflected goal" and the quarter final draw being held after midday. The lunch time News had Kheredine Idessane standing upon the Hinshelwood Grassy Knoll, he told of the draw, "Braga are the best Rangers could have hoped for, avoiding Barcelona, Lyon and, West Ham". Then, we had a VoxPop filmed outside the Rangers Superstore. Nothing outrageous but why can't Rangers supporters just tell BBC Scotland to fcuk off?

Tomorrow, BBC Scotland's Sports Correspondent and Chief Sports writer, Chris and Tom visit Dublin for the Ireland versus Scotland Rugby Six Nations international. It will be scrum down for the Craic, slurping the broth of Bhoys, and, the luck of the Irish. I hope Chris and Tom do not take turns in the unedifying sight of riding Irish luck. Certainly, they'll have a deflected Try.

I have been watching horses down here at Cheltenham with more sense than the BBC lot .

14 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

, Chris and Tom visit Dublin for the Ireland versus Scotland Rugby Six Nations international.

Looking at the news last night it showed a photo of the Irish squad with what looked like separate entity's tax haven owner in the front row of the players,sorry I can't post this photo as I don't know how to get it.

Playing Mr Toad and what does the IRA mean to you?

It's been over two years but, I am happy to say I have returned to the pied a terre amid the Mallorquin hills. My morning repast is sobrasada picante with a glass of chilled sherry. The locals will tell you sobrasada is a sausage made with every part of the pig, including the squeal. Before departing Caledonia's craggy majesty, I heard RAB Cosgrove squealing like the proverbial stuck. Such thin skins these days within PQ. The Scots football website, 'Pie and Bovril' have been running a thread lamenting 'Off the Ball' is now in it's 28th year and wondering what has to occur for RAB and Cowan to be put out to pasture?

At the height of his Rangers Tax Case Blog participation, Pie and Bovril were RAB's comfort blanket. He was amplifying their every demand for Rangers to be given no new way back into Scottish football. RAB shamelessly promoted his tenuous Donegal connections, utilising his Maternal grandmother's name, 'Sarah Leyden' as his Username. Sarah left Donegal aged two years. RAB's reaction to Pie and Bovril wondering aloud as to a new, more appropriate football show on Auntie's frequency, was that of a two year old. Live on air, he extended an invitation to, "any two Pie and Bovril clowns to come on and defend their suggestions"?

RAB much prefers his usual role - PQ's Mr Establishment as befitting the young Turk currently in his 70th year. Seamlessly, often he morphs into Mr Toad, sticking his tongue so far up the arse of his superior, it must be increasingly difficult for Director General, Steven Carson to walk unaided. Only last week he told of spotting Carson's early potential whilst previewing his 2004 documentary, 'Who Kidnapped Shergar'? RAB provided a synopsis, "a poorly performing cross-border active service unit of the IRA were heavily involved in Shergar's disappearance". Apparently, Steve's interpretation of world class horse flesh becoming Kenomeat is unmissable. 

If you are not saddle sore, you can gallop after RAB's latest fantasy. Last Sunday, he told us he was from Galway. A mention of Lesley Riddoch's Podcast with Arab supporting, Pat Joyce had RAB proclaiming, "Paddy Joyce, Aye Paddy Joyce, he's the same as me, we're from Galway". This is akin to Phil McFournames batshittery, a Social Worker Chairing his local YoungNats grouping in Baillieston and insisting on them campaigning under the soubriquet, 'the Baillieston Provos'. RAB tongues his Bosses balls, then proceeds in the delight of licking his own, followed by a BIG wet slurp of his arse. RAB's own Podcast with Eamonn O'Neill last broadcast on the 17th March.

The bit firmly between his teeth and RAB spurred the 'mare on PQ street. Under the discussion title, 'Perfect Cousin' he told the tale of his full cousin, Philip Geddes Christmas shopping at Harrods on December 17, 1983. He was present in the store with his wife and after collecting family gifts they separated to purchase each other's present. The IRA detonated the vehicle bomb murdering six folks and injuring ninety. Philip Geddes perished in the blast. The Philip Geddes Memorial Lecture is presented every year on the future of Journalism and Oxford University hands out annual prizes in his name. I wonder if RAB has ever presented the lecture?

It is a particularly relevant question to pose, given RAB's outpourings on the IRA murder of another journalist three years past, Lyra McKee. RAB claimed live on BBC Radio Scotland that the authorities would need to find a new classification for McKee's demise then weekly offered, "ah think she was caught in crossfire"? Now, the Lyra McKee case remains live and there has been arrests. We can say with certain that seven .22 rounds were fired from a recovered pistol. All those rounds were aimed at the PSNI line, Lyra McKee was standing behind a Land Rover, behind the PSNI line. I am sure RAB will reflect on the definition of crossfire?

I arrived where the sunshine spends the winter on Sunday evening and have eaten sobrasada every day. Thus, I claim more right to be Malloquin than RAB's continuing ridiculous claims to be Irish. I note on Pie and Bovril they indulged in Cosgrove Bingo, if you stated the correct time when he first mentions, 'Perth", you win. Of course, we are all asking where in Ireland is Perth? Better was the P and B contributor who had '12.07' as the first utterance only to be trumped by another inquiring, "12.07, is the noon news six minutes long"?

• 2 weeks later...

Situation no change.

During my professional life the appearance of an Intelligence Officer at an O Group standing front and centre and proclaiming, "situation no change" always provoked a mixed reaction. Over a period of 24 hours everything changes, the moon state, first and last light, ............. indirect fire is heavier, ..... etc. I suspect we all have the capacity to get used to anything? As Rangers supporters we are numb and thus immune to the service provided by Pacific Quay. Alasdair Lamont was sent off to Braga to tell of volcanic craters, the sequel to Belgrade's tunnel of hate. Big Dick hosted, Liam McLeod commentated and, Mark Hateley provided colour; all from a BBC Scotland studio.

It was the same last Sunday, Big Dick et al including the Blarney Bhoys squeezed into another-the same PQ studio amid the party streamers and balloons. They can hear the Champions League music, the soothing imagery of Zadok the Priest placing comforting hands on all and, realising they would all get to travel, following their beloved Sellik carrying the Scottish standard next season. Tom Anguish eulogised Tom Rogic, "he took that goal so well, it was a half volley, executed beautifully then stayed in the moment with an understated celebration, a determined man in the moment". Bodo Glimt is a distant, uncomfortable memory.

More no change emanated from Chris McLaughlin. He took to the grassy knoll to inform us, "Sunday was a bad day for Rangers". We were reminded of the array of quarter and half bottles lined up on the Broomloan wall and, Chris nodded the large cranium like a Thunderbird puppet. Just a wee inquiry, anyone ever seen Chris McLaughlin and EIS Chairman, Larry Flanagan in the same room at the same time? The Andersons did a ton of those TV puppet shows over the decades, Supercar, Stingray, Thunderbirds, ....... etc; both Chris and Larry share the same Father, Geppetto. Chris saw the opportunity and duly exploited the bad day further.

His piece on BBC Scotland's website was a plea to view Borussia Dortmund's anti-semitism work. He tied this into Scottish Government Minister, Maree Todd who parroted First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon's statement of disgust with, "thuggish Rangers fans". Chris labelled Sunday, "a day of Rangers hate" Tom Anguish preferred, "an ugly day" and, Big Dick opined, "a day Rangers would prefer to forget". It's amazing the things that can be clearly seen from within a PQ studio and the grassy knoll. I hereby demand the grassy knoll is to be known from now on as, 'Tracey Island' - in homage to Geppetto's creation continuing presence.

A State of Emergency!

RAB Cosgrove has not made any comment on our last two games because he left with family on Old Firm weekend, to visit his in-Laws in Sri Lanka. We know due to Edi Stark's interview that RAB has a villa with infinity swimming pool on the island. It is good to hear a declared Bankrupt can recover? Anyways, the day RAB arrived Sri Lanka declared a state of emergency. Army on the streets monitoring demonstrators protesting standards of life and ever decreasing conditions of employment. RAB relaxing on his inflatable on the infinity will sling them a rubber ear.

It's only two months past RAB utilised his National column to condemn Glasgow's bin workers(Cleansing Workforce) for deliberately making Scotland look bad during COP 26. He revealed that the Glasgow Bin workers Union -the GMB leading the Strike to improve workers conditions in the First Minister's constituency were funded by the same monies that financed Better Together. Imagine, a Trade Union adhering to Robert Tressel's Oblong of Socialism - 'the plight of bricklayer is the same in Dundee as it is in Derby, Denby and, Derry'? Back to that inflatable in the infinity pool, RAB can relax knowing the fee from the National will cover the price of a new pool filter.

A man in his 70th year allowing his Nationalism to trump his so-called Socialism, trashing the funding of Cleansing workers because he could not handle their papier mache big rat was named, 'Nicola'. Govanhill has a very real problem with rats, should Nicola declare a state of emergency? No, this is new, modern Scotland and in land where Ferries have painted on windows and cardboard funnels, the FM will propose a Rat Quango. RAB is perfect to serve, he has a considerable history of coining it in for serving on Quangos. Some would say he has made a career out of it.

Unity is strength or as RAB prefers, keep trashing the Workers to fund your standard of living.