Pacific Quay Musings?

Two Free Bites.

Last Wednesday, BBC Scotland screened the Youth Cup Final between Rangers and Hearts. The commentator was Andy Bargh and, Michael Stewart provided the snide and sneering. Rangers started well, could have been four up in the first dozen minutes but, for wonderful goalkeeping by Hearts Liam McFarlane. However, the young Bears persevered and, were rewarded with two goals by McInally and Rory Wilson. Leading two nil at half time, Rangers opted to manage the second period, Steven Naismith pushed his charges a further twenty yards up the pitch. Hearts spirited attempts continually failed inside the Rangers box.

Ten minutes to go and Michael Stewart launched into a ninety second appraisal of Rangers youth players. He named Nathan Patterson, Leon King, Rory Wilson, Alex Lowry, ...... etc and asked, "where's the pathway to the Rangers first team"? Michael answered his own question, "if they want to develop like Billy Gilmore they have to move south". Andy Bargh countered, "we want to keep young talent in Scotland"? Michael concluded, "particularly at Rangers there is no clear pathway to the first team". I have no doubt Michael would have continued to snarl and bite but, in the 81st minute Hearts scored.

Rangers won the game 2-1 and thus, secured the cup. The reason I mention this is Michael Stewart is showing a clear pattern of behaviour. He waits until near the end before baring his teeth because he knows it's harder to counter. Michael does not want debate, he prefers to proclaim and, it is premeditated. Yesterday on Sportsound, the soon Saturday retired, BIG Dick announced there would be a five minute discussion on Rangers continued Euro success. Big Dick laid out the facts of the game in Leipzig, Red Bull scored late but it was a deserving goal. Wullie Miller noted Rangers parked the bus, it was a bit more like Walter Smith's Euro run in 2008, Rory Loy thought Rangers still had opportunity at Ibrox, Alan Preston felt Leipzig would be as dangerous in Glasgow.

Before Big Dick pulled the guillotine, Michael cleared his throat for another unchallenged proclamation, "Rangers can win this trophy, they need to win it. If they do not, then there will be a fire sale at Ibrox this close season". Clearly, this was premeditated, most Tabloids had his, 'Rangers are fcuked' proclamation on their digital front pages last evening. It was the final broadcast thought and again, went unchallenged. Where is Michael's reference? I suspect it is Phil McFournames? Surely, PQ are not allowing their preferred attack dog to continually take bites based on the outpourings of a slabbering idiot based on coastal Donegal?

Well, if there is a fire sale; does that mean there is now a clear pathway to the first team for Rangers youth players? I am sure Michael will tell us today.

Now I Understand.

The above posting on Michael Stewart taking two bites out of Rangers in three days was almost a query? Given the incoming flak that he has experienced for past similar preferred prejudice, you had to wonder why he was prepared to return to the fray? 

Michael Stewart's Twitter feed is best described as a tumbleweed and clanging bell zone. Since the turn of the year, barely a dozen posts; Michael knows he is broadcasting. This morning, Monday 2nd May'22 - Michael has posted(broadcast) his apology to  both Jim Traynor and Rangers for comments he made on BBC Radio Scotland 3rd February'20.  I hope Ian or Frankie can post a screen grab of the apology?

Deliberately, the apology is posted in an unusual hard to read format. Further, he has posted another three or four items ie congratulations to Bury Town, recommendations for Whisky and, Bank Holiday good wishes; all to push down quickly his apology. Now, many will want to know why it has taken in excess of two years for Michael to do the right thing? I am told the Lawyers have been involved and, Michael ran out of road. It was publish the necessary apology to Jim Traynor and Rangers or face court proceedings. I am told Michael has also coughed up the accrued fees of all Legal firms involved.

Michael's two bites in three days was an attempt at obscuration and, of course his application to succeed Richard Gordon as Saturday Host of Sportsound. Remember, Michael also had his 13-14 week stint as Sellik TV Host. 

I see the BBC Scotland online coverage is leading with Celtics missed chances. Still trying to recall McGregor making a worthy save or any chances beyond a Jota header from distance, a Meada header (bottled it) and a snapshot? If anything it would be us rueing or chances missed. Sakala off the post, Sakala making Hart save a high drive and then Hart saving from Arfield from close range.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

7 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

No doubt there are ulterior motives for him now doing the decent thing. 

44 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Now, many will want to know why it has taken in excess of two years for Michael to do the right thing? I am told the Lawyers have been involved and, Michael ran out of road. It was publish the necessary apology to Jim Traynor and Rangers or face court proceedings. I am told Michael has also coughed up the accrued fees of all Legal firms involved