Pacific Quay Musings?

It's official and depressingly true.

All license fee paying Rangers supporters, including those who are infirm, elderly, and lack appropriate means do NOT receive the same service as supporters of other Scottish teams. Liam McLeod and Pat Bonner sent to Armenia to cover Sellik's Euro tie, and John Barnes and Peter Houston sent to the Faroe Islands to cover Hibs. Rangers supporters were served Liam McLeod and Billy Dodds in a Pacific Quay studio, watching the TV. Big Dick continually utilises the euphemism, 'we will be keeping an eye on events' to describe commentating from the telly.   

Last night, it was Big Dick, Liam McLeod, Pat Bonner, and Scot McDonald all at Breezeblock Boulevard. Peter Houston(well he is a Sellik man) was on the line from the Faroes, complimenting Sellik on their new PA system and BBC Scotland for their coverage, "sitting here, feeling the atmosphere, just like being at the game Richard". Big Dick assured the listeners that they would be live at Pittodrie next Thursday for the Dandy Dons against Burnley, and their would be coverage of Hibs in Greece. Live commentary from Norway is guaranteed on Tuesday evening for the Yahoos.

Our trip to Croatia has been ignored. Why are none of our political representatives highlighting BBC Scotland's continued deliberate non provision of service to a specific section of society? 

An answer to the straightforward question as to why the Faroes and not Macedonia would be interesting.

It's closer and could be slightly cheaper but I don't think there would be a significant difference in cost.

Maybe they think the Faroes tie is still in the melting pot, Runavik did get an away goal 9_9

edit

Thinking about it, I think they'd wrap an answer up in the Tuesday being Betfred Cup night.

Edited by buster.

On 17/07/2018 at 20:10, 26th of foot said:

Before the game, silly Billy stated, "in terms of catching both Aberdeen and Celtic, Rangers are five players off". At half-time, Chico slaughtered Morelos, "his decision making is that of a bad amatuer player", and Big Dick reminded the audience that last season we conceded more goals than the four teams below us. Of course, we scored more goals than all teams in the league but that was conveniently forgotten.

After the match finished, it was well done Jim Duffy, "Rangers did what they had to do, comfortably".  Further, I agree with his observation that we look lop-sided, everything going down the right. I suspect Flanagan's reliance on his right foot might be the basis of the observation?     

The part about catching Ceptic & Aberdeen is up for discussion, but not completely untrue.  The rest is on the money imho.....

3 minutes ago, Darthter said:

The part about catching Ceptic & Aberdeen is up for discussion, but not completely untrue.  The rest is on the money imho.....

We aren't 5 players off Aberdeen, that's patent nonesense.

We are currently way off Celtic, that is an obvious fact.

9 minutes ago, buster. said:

We aren't 5 players off Aberdeen, that's patent nonesense.

We are currently way off Celtic, that is an obvious fact.

In general, I'd agree with that....but time will tell.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's like an anti-Rangers merry go round in the Scottish MSM.  

Perhaps we should encourage all school-age Bears to think about a career in journalism?

No point mate.  By the time the current school-age bears get to that career age, the MSM won't exist, certainly not in its current form.  It serves no purpose.  It does not inform, and it doesn't even entertain (other than a few morons that support other teams, but enjoy reading bad things about us more).  MSM is dying.  Instead, you have people on twitter and forums like this who can provide far more insight and entertainment than the lazy hacks at BBC Scotland or other outlets.  In fact, I suspect most of them get their stories from here anyway.  Why pay for old news when you can get it immediately and first hand from Gersnet and other sources?

I asked my kids (late teens) what newspapers they had bought or heard of.  They had heard of the Metro and that's it.  That sums it up.  The only people buying these rags now are the uneducated or the elderly (sweeping generalisation there!!!!).  And I think the rest of us have all but given up hope of a decent service from the BBC.

I know 26th of foot is desperate to receive the service he pays for from the BBC, but I'm hoping he'd be equally satisfied with their demise and an alternative, and truly independent service instead.

Edited by Gaffer

16 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

No point mate.  By the time the current school-age bears get to that career age, the MSM won't exist, certainly not in its current form.  It serves no purpose.  It does not inform, and it doesn't even entertain (other than a few morons that support other teams, but enjoy reading bad things about us more).  MSM is dying.  Instead, you have people on twitter and forums like this who can provide far more insight and entertainment than the lazy hacks at BBC Scotland or other outlets.  In fact, I suspect most of them get their stories from here anyway.  Why pay for old news when you can get it immediately and first hand from Gersnet and other sources?

I asked my kids (late teens) what newspapers they had bought or heard of.  They had heard of the Metro and that's it.  That sums it up.  The only people buying these rags now are the uneducated or the elderly (sweeping generalisation there!!!!).  And I think the rest of us have all but given up hope of a decent service from the BBC.

I know 26th of foot is desperate to receive the service he pays for from the BBC, but I'm hoping he'd be equally satisfied with their demise and an alternative, and truly independent service instead.

I genuinely don’t know anyone under 40 who buys a newspaper? Why would you?