Liam Burt contract

His contract is up in the summer and he seems to be one of our top prospects. He should be signed up quickly as we need to stop letting players leave for free. After a long injury he seems to be back and playying well - we need another left footed player as a natural wide option, as Murphy is right footed.

16 minutes ago, Blueger said:

I don't think a new contract would be a good idea for Liam, he will get nowhere near our first team, it is flooded with midfielders, best thing for him is to move on somewhere where he will get first team football.

Aye very good, let just allow a terrific young prospect walk out the door.

Sign him up quickly and send him out on loan to gain the experience.  

19 minutes ago, Blueger said:

I don't think a new contract would be a good idea for Liam, he will get nowhere near our first team, it is flooded with midfielders, best thing for him is to move on somewhere where he will get first team football.

This lad has captained Scotland at youth levels and is very highly rated. It would be financial madness to let his contract expire.

1 minute ago, onevision said:

Aye very good, let just allow a terrific young prospect walk out the door.

Sign him up quickly and send him out on loan to gain the experience.  

If you were a parent of a youngster at Auchenhowie you may feel different.

2 minutes ago, SlimJim said:

This lad has captained Scotland at youth levels and is very highly rated. It would be financial madness to let his contract expire.

The problem is that the development fee can put other clubs off signing our youngsters, if they are not going to be part of our first team squad is it not best for them that they are able to move on for free and hopefully get a good move and have a successful career as a professional footballer.

1 minute ago, Blueger said:

Maybe so, but in our current situation he will be given every chance to break through, especially under Murty, he is still young enough to sign on for another couple of years, go out on loan then see.

That would be my advise to him if he my my lad.

12 minutes ago, Blueger said:

Most of us are Rangers fans, who want a prosperous and successful club.  Young, talented players are a huge part of that coming to fruition.

To be honest the organisation/restructuring that has been going on in the youths I have every faith we won't be allowing good players to leave and equally the good ones will be kept!, not much we as fans can do about it, much the same as 1st team signings.