Standing up for Ibrox accessibility improvements

I was at Feynoord on Sunday in the handicapped terrace. It is situated exactly behind the dugouts which impaired the vision of parts of the field for wheelchair supporters and their helpers who sit in seats at the same level. As only the top stands are covered all around the stadium then they are also open to all the elements. Thankfully it was dry and reasonably warm on Sunday, but sitting in the open on a cold and rainy day must be a nightmare for all the handicapped and indeed all supporters in the lower tiers. The only positive I could see is they have good contact with the players who normally respond when shouted on. Robin van Persie was excellent waving constantly to out-calling supporters. I can see why Feynoord are hoping to build a new stadium it really is needed. Unfortunately the plans have been put on the back-burner due to financial reasons.

Many years back when we had the old enclosure in front of the main stand the plan then was to build a row of executive boxes the full length of the enclosure that was hit on the head when they discovered that  the water table was very high they built two little boxes either side of the tunnel think the police used one and stewards the other .

So why not look at that area of the ground again with the thought of making that an area for the wheelchair fans and look for something similar at the  Govan  stand side  .

And lets keep the stadium all seated .

Agree that the disabled question is a high priority and am against the safe standing in principle but if it does get the go ahead it should not be to the detriment of long time season ticket holders.

When younger,before the all seated stadium,I loved being with my mates and standing but as I am now a bit more grizzled have no inclination towards standing.

This was the biggest drawback I found visiting many of the smaller grounds during "the journey".

Loved that article, it hits the nail bang on the head in so many ways. The only bit I disagree with is any support for safe standing at all, which I am absolutely 100% against in our current climate and financial state. Come back to me in 15 years when we have everything else done and we can look at it again.

For us to make a stand to be the club we should be, this is the type of pioneering priority we should be looking at, way ahead of memorial gardens, standing areas, fanzones etc. This should be our number one priority for fan safety, comfort and basic human decency. It is not a cash generator, but would make such a bold and forward thinking statement that it could be the catalyst for others around the country to take a look at their own efforts.

If we need to throw some C1872 money at a project that helps fans and our club's profile, this should be well above anything they have suggested thus far, and certainly a million miles ahead of safe standing for a minority of supporters who already stand anyway.

I dont know how anyone can argue otherwise.

I have said from the beginning that I agree with both. My own opinion is that the club should take the initiative with improving disabled facilities. I accompanied my Uncle Arthur when he used to wheel in to the front of the west enclosure many years ago. The view is appalling and the facilities need to be modernised.

Regarding safe standing I agree Club 1872 should vote it through and beleive there is room for both these initiatives.This should not be a case of one versus the other. Those who wish to use safe standing I’m sure would happily pay a premium on their first season ticket in this section. This would hopefully cover some of the cost?