Academy Signs Glenn Middleton

20 hours ago, Blueger said:

Still had 18 months on his contract so we must have paid money for him, would imagine Murty knows the boy well and sees him in his long term plans for the first team.

Great to see Rangers spending money on prospects. As I said on the other thread, this is the age you can get the best value player. Especially with Scottish players who don't need persuaded to sign for Rangers. I'd like to see fringe players cleared out in the summer and more U20s on the bench next season. Lower wage bill and gives them a clear pathway to the first team. I think it's pretty discouraging for them at the moment with the likes of Hodson and Dodoo ahead of them. 

42 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Great to see Rangers spending money on prospects. As I said on the other thread, this is the age you can get the best value player. Especially with Scottish players who don't need persuaded to sign for Rangers. I'd like to see fringe players cleared out in the summer and more U20s on the bench next season. Lower wage bill and gives them a clear pathway to the first team. I think it's pretty discouraging for them at the moment with the likes of Hodson and Dodoo ahead of them. 

It really is, completely soul destroying for them, some of them fortunately have been allowed to go out on loan and hopefully things will work out for them but for those older boys playing U20s, not playing for the first team and not being allowed to go out on loan it is extremely concerning, there is a real worry that after having giving all of their childhood and early adulthood fully committed to Rangers they are going to end up nowhere, they deserve better, as a parent I find it absolutely heartbreaking for my son.

34 minutes ago, Blueger said:

I'm not surprised, there needs to be a clear pathway to the first team. I don't see why everyone is so concerned about having senior backups for every position. I find it bizarre. How little trust do we have in our U20s that we wouldn't trust them to step in on an odd occasion? And the big thing for Rangers is we're throwing money away to do this.

And it should be a rebuke to us that the main team doing this right now is Hearts, who's shining star has been a 16 year old who scored against Celtic in the 4-0 win, who was taken from us a few years ago. And he's not the only U20 playing regularly for them who was taken from us.

Yes Harry, Jamie Brandon, Daniel Baur and Aaron Reid have all been at Rangers Academy at one stage or another and moved to Hearts and have all had some first team experience. Don't know why Murty, who has coached our u20s, doesn't seem to have faith in them. It's fair enough if he doesn't, it's his opinion and he is the manager, but he should just let the boys move on somewhere else where someone will give them a chance, these boys have given their all for years, they are talented, they do have what it takes to be professional footballers, if it isn't going to be at Rangers let it be somewhere else. If I could get my boy out I would, in fact we are feeling pretty desperate and if anyone has any advice as to how we can get my boy away please let me know.

Edited by Blueger