Academy Signs Glenn Middleton

4 minutes ago, Blueger said:

Yes Harry, Jamie Brandon, Daniel Baur and Aaron Reid have all been at Rangers Academy at one stage or another and moved to Hearts and have all had some first team experience. Don't know why Murty, who has coached our u20s, doesn't seem to have faith in them. It's fair enough if he doesn't, it's his opinion and he is the manager, but he should just let the boys move on somewhere else where someone will give them a chance, these boys have given their all for years, they are talented, they do have what it takes to be professional footballers, if it isn't going to be at Rangers let it be somewhere else. If I could get my boy out I would, in fact we are feeling pretty desperate and if anyone has any advice as to how we can get my boy away please let me know.

Obviously don't know who your boy is but but from a laymans point of view, I've always found that the best approach is to have an open and frank discussion with the management team to find out exactly where you stand, is the best policy.   Does your son have an agent?  They'll be used to having such conversations and perhaps would remove some of the anxiousness that someone like yourself might feel if not used to such a situation.   

Hope it works out for you  and your son whatever happens.

Just now, stewarty said:

Obviously don't know who your boy is but but from a laymans point of view, I've always found that the best approach is to have an open and frank discussion with the management team to find out exactly where you stand, is the best policy.   Does your son have an agent?  They'll be used to having such conversations and perhaps would remove some of the anxiousness that someone like yourself might feel if not used to such a situation.   

Hope it works out for you  and your son whatever happens.

Yes we have had open and frank discussions and have been lied to, and yes, he has an agent who has also been lied to, very frustrating, we've done all we can do, he is trapped, Rangers hold all the cards.

Yes these boys have been here and so have many others and this is no doubt a situation at many clubs especially bigger clubs.

With the amount of youngsters striving to make the grade there will be many sad stories,but at the moment we seem to be managing the real prospects in the best way possible and hopefully over the next few seasons this will bear fruit.

Meantime in order to progress I believe things are being handled properly.

Just now, Blueger said:

Yes we have had open and frank discussions and have been lied to, and yes, he has an agent who has also been lied to, very frustrating, we've done all we can do, he is trapped, Rangers hold all the cards.

Without knowing the details its really hard to offer much advice other than perhaps to go back and have the conversation again, perhaps referencing what has happened previously and asking for a decision to be made one way or the other as you move towards the summer, so that perhaps you can start planning the future if its not with us.

3 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Without knowing the details its really hard to offer much advice other than perhaps to go back and have the conversation again, perhaps referencing what has happened previously and asking for a decision to be made one way or the other as you move towards the summer, so that perhaps you can start planning the future if its not with us.

He will see out his contract and then he will move on, don't want to say too much as it won't take too much to work out who he actually is.

31 minutes ago, Blueger said:

Yes Harry, Jamie Brandon, Daniel Baur and Aaron Reid have all been at Rangers Academy at one stage or another and moved to Hearts and have all had some first team experience. Don't know why Murty, who has coached our u20s, doesn't seem to have faith in them. It's fair enough if he doesn't, it's his opinion and he is the manager, but he should just let the boys move on somewhere else where someone will give them a chance, these boys have given their all for years, they are talented, they do have what it takes to be professional footballers, if it isn't going to be at Rangers let it be somewhere else. If I could get my boy out I would, in fact we are feeling pretty desperate and if anyone has any advice as to how we can get my boy away please let me know.

It's good to see at least someone leading the way (Hearts), but Rangers should learn from them. It's a myth that to be a top team you need to have 20-25 senior players in your squad like we currently do. McCrorie only squeezed in this season because of injuries to Avles and Wilson. If everyone was fit he might have just run his contract down.

It's sad to hear the experience you've had, are Rangers not letting them out on loan?

I wouldn't blame Murty though. He inherited a bloated squad and has only added first team regulars who were needed. Ideally he'd have cleared out the dross but for all we know that was out of his hands. Appointing the U20s coach could be the start of a culture change at Rangers.

They won't let him go on loan, he could have gone on loan to championship sides who wanted him but Rangers wouldn't let him go, again, I am saying too much and it is probably getting quite obvious who he is but to be honest I am at the stage where I don't even really care any more, am considering going to the press.

25 minutes ago, Blueger said:

He will see out his contract and then he will move on, don't want to say too much as it won't take too much to work out who he actually is.

Frankly, if i was you I would seek some legal advice, from a lawyer versed in sports' law.

It is important to establish just where he stands contractually, and if the Club has been in breach of its obligations. 

Just now, Uilleam said:

Frankly, if i was you I would seek some legal advice, from a lawyer versed in sports' law.

It is important to establish just where he stands contractually, and if the Club has been in breach of its obligations. 

Thank you, I will look into this :-)