Academy Signs Glenn Middleton

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

And it should be a rebuke to us that the main team doing this right now is Hearts, who's shining star has been a 16 year old who scored against Celtic in the 4-0 win, who was taken from us a few years ago. And he's not the only U20 playing regularly for them who was taken from us.

Yes but on the flip side of that we took Jason Holt from them.

As a parent I am sure it IS heart-breaking for blueger - but the reality is, and always will be, that the level of expectation at Rangers will always be far superior to that of playing with Hearts or indeed any other Scottish team aside from Celtic.

Blueger, PM me

23 minutes ago, Blueger said:

They won't let him go on loan, he could have gone on loan to championship sides who wanted him but Rangers wouldn't let him go, again, I am saying too much and it is probably getting quite obvious who he is but to be honest I am at the stage where I don't even really care any more, am considering going to the press.

It isn’t obvious who it is. Is there a reason given why the loans weren’t allowed? 

I'm surprised that the agent isn't doing this rather than the parent. That's what they are for?

Not sure what to make about the situation, mostly because of lack of info. Has the Development Side enough players to cope with too many loanees? Since they play quite a few games.

A youth player attempting to get into the Rangers first team (and staying there) is a very different prospect from getting into the Hearts or Hamilton first XI to name but two other clubs.

Of course any Rangers manager would want to promote the best young players but only the very best are capable of making that step and it's worth noting that players develop at different stages as well.

4 minutes ago, Blueger said:

thanks for listening to my rants and moans folks, I am just a bitter parent, feel free to ignore me ;)

It's understandable you want the best for your son - it might not happen at Rangers but these other players are showing you and yer lad that it can elsewhere.  And, then RFC may well take notice again...!

@blueger

I guess the only consolation at this point is that the U-20 games programme seems to be a success and your son will be getting exposure to some different players, styles, conditions, etc.  Noises coming from the club are that this is having a degree of success.   Is that reflected in how you and possibly other parents/ players are viewing it?

PS - genuinely no idea who your son is

43 minutes ago, Blueger said:

thanks for listening to my rants and moans folks, I am just a bitter parent, feel free to ignore me ;)

Not bitter at all mate.  You want what is best for your son, which is what ANY parent should do.

And if you are a Bear as well then you would more than likely be desperate to see him break through at Rangers.  The frustration will always be that, at Rangers, it is so much tougher to break through - and that says nothing about your son's quality - sometimes breaking through comes down to luck as much as anything.

Hopefully he will break through at Rangers but, if not, then hopefully he goes on to great success elsewhere and, possibly, even come back at some future point.

46 minutes ago, Frankie said:

A youth player attempting to get into the Rangers first team (and staying there) is a very different prospect from getting into the Hearts or Hamilton first XI to name but two other clubs.

Of course any Rangers manager would want to promote the best young players but only the very best are capable of making that step and it's worth noting that players develop at different stages as well.

True but my point is that Hearts have allowed the chance for the best players to break through,  whereas Rangers at the moment have not because the squad is huge.

McCrorie is an example of a player who only broke through this season by pure luck (2 senior injuries at centre back), but we now know deserved to be ahead of those senior players in the first place. You only find that out when the youth player has been given the chance to test himself at that level.

The other point is that by setting up like that you attract the best young players, because they will want to go where they have a chance of breaking through. Will the next James MacArthur chose Rangers over Hamilton/Hearts if given the choice? Very doubtful.