4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I didn't say it would be easy or comfortable just that I'm confident we'd prevail. They won't be any more fired up for it than Aberdeen were a couple of weeks ago, who are a far better team.

They are a far dirtier team than Aberdeen. Ask Dorrans

DOUBLE TROUBLE

Hibs duo Darren McGregor and Martin Boyle doubts for Rangers clash as Neil Lennon calls for more protection for his players

The duo both suffered knocks in the 2-1 win against Motherwell and could now be forced to sit out on the visit to Ibrox

By Robert Martin
2nd February 2018, 8:37 am
Updated: 2nd February 2018, 8:37 am

DARREN McGREGOR and Martin Boyle are doubts for Hibs trip to Rangers after picking up knocks in Wednesday’s win over Motherwell.

McGregor came off injured during Hibees‘ 2-1 victory while Boyle left Easter Road wearing a protective boot.

Darren McGregor came off with an injury against Motherwell

Kenny Ramsay - The Sun Glasgow
Darren McGregor came off with an injury against Motherwell

Martin Boyle left Easter Road in a protective boot

Kenny Ramsay - The Sun Glasgow
Martin Boyle left Easter Road in a protective boot

And boss Neil Lennon admitted he was disappointed at the lack of protection his players were given by ref Alan Muir.

He said: “The amount of fouls against our players was scandalous, and the lack of punishment was scandalous.

“I’m looking for more protection. We’re getting kicked off the ball, getting bounced off one-twos.

“There were things off the ball going on and ref saw it and let the game go.

“In the end it has to be punished otherwise it continues and the amount of injuries we have are racking up.

“It’s like emergency ward 10 in there. I can’t do any work with them.

“It’s all about recovery, eat, sleep, rest and just trying to get them ready to go again for what should be another great occasion at Ibrox.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2176072/hibs-darren-mcgregor-martin-boyle-rangers-neil-lennon/

Boyle will be a big miss to them as he is lightening quick.

53 minutes ago, pete said:

Boyle will be a big miss to them as he is lightening quick.

Big miss. He's been a great signing for them, like McGinn they bought him very young and he's grown into a consistent performer. McGregor would be a big loss to them too.

“The amount of fouls against our players was scandalous, and the lack of punishment was scandalous.

“I’m looking for more protection. We’re getting kicked off the ball, getting bounced off one-twos.

“There were things off the ball going on and ref saw it and let the game go.

He had no complaints when Stokes was wrestling our player to the ground 'off the ball' and stayed on the park and not a word when we have guys with broken noses and season ending injuries going unpunished. 

18 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

He had no complaints when Stokes was wrestling our player to the ground 'off the ball' and stayed on the park and not a word when we have guys with broken noses and season ending injuries going unpunished. 

Ultimately we all look at these things through the prism of our own team and any perceived or actual injustices we suffer.   Which is why I say that its interesting that there is a groundswell of opinion forming that there is just too much foul play that is going unchecked.  In just the last week we've had Rodgers, Levein and Lennon that I'm aware of.  No doubt there will be others.

It does rather call into question the whole compliance officer role, but there's no point questioning that again as its another one thats very much in the rhetorical category.