[FT] Ayr Utd 1 - 6 Rangers (Morelos 31, 72; Cummings 66; Windass 69, 81; Murphy 89)

It will probably a mixture of hard work and quick thinking required, so the line-up above is about right. I'd give Murphy more game time though, while Cummings will probably take the role just behind Morelos. Halliday would give us a decent option in midfield too, should he slot in as left-back. For it may allow Docherty to move forward.

PS: Some name-spelling-checking is required ...

Hopefully a full game for Docherty this time, and it would seem to be the perfect opportunity to test out a Cummings-Morelos partnership, though I'd be surprised to see it.

I'd like to see the same team you've put but Goss in for Holt and Murphy for Windass. The thinking behind that being that Docherty would make up for the loss of Holt's energy and Goss's creativity and passing could be crucial to getting the ball to Cummings and Morelos in a tricky away game. Murphy over Windass because he offers far more defensively on the left wing and arguably does in terms of creativity too. Windass doesn't really perform on the left wing.

I like the fact that Ayr have a free scoring front duo, it feels like years since there were lower league strikers to ponder. Going way back I dimly remember Keith Wright at Raith (I think), Darren Jackson at Meadowbank, even further back Rowan Alexander used to bang 'em in for Morton and I dimly recall Andy Willock being a favourite at Clyde. I'll be interested to see what like Shankland and Moore are. I suppose the growth in interest in players from overseas closed off the route from lower leagues to big leagues for a good wee while...the way things are going, that route will be opening again, mind you. Even more reason to cast an eye over Shankland and Moore.

This will go down well with quite a few, I reckon ...

Kenny Ready For The Cup

KENNY Miller says he is ready to get going again after making a full recovery from the injury which has kept him out for nearly two months.

The striker tore his hamstring against Hibernian in mid-December and has been working his way back to fitness ever since.

More here: https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/kenny-ready-cup/