Rangers star Josh Windass insists he wasn’t hitting back at Gers fans

6 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Benteke after months of failing to hit the net and ripping the piss with his obscene wages made a gesture after finally scoring a goal. It was a hilarious moment. Windass doing a gesture after scoring against the pitiful Partick Thistle is even more hilarious. 

I can't actually believe our support are trying to justify what Windass has done here. Can you actually imagine Lionel Messi netting a goal, turning round to the Camp Nou faithful and mocking them with a gesture? Please. 

To me, tolerating this sort of pathetic bullshit is like how we allowed Ian Black to continue playing for us after betting against us. Or when Ashley, the Easdales et al proceeded to rip the absolute **** out of our very being, only to have supporters backing them. Standards have plummeted. Windass might have good stats this season but he was horrendous for over a year, goes missing for massive spells and he has about as much chance of ever playing in the EPL as I do. 

Liking what Windass did with Ashely and the Easdales is just Stupid. But for Windass to say he was not Gesturing at the fans is stupid in another category. I can understand it was done out of frustration, but he obviously didn't forget it straight away as he posted a photo on Instagram pretty soon after the match ,as if he was proud of what he did. It was stupid but he didn't commit murder so let's move on. Lets have more of the low bow Josh that was a better gesture. It is good that players have communication with the crowd it would be horrible to have them isolated like robots on the park.

It has been made out to be much worse than it actually was.

Rangers player doing well and becoming a bankable asset = cause friction, upset the fans, form drops, so does value.

It is just another part of the ongoing campaign against us.

A complete non story.

11 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

I wouldn't have put up with van Bronkhorst, Albertz, De Boer or Ferguson gesturing to us. Similarly, I won't put up with it from an Accrington Stanley upstart. 

The enjoyment some people get out of finding something to be offended by

It's over and done but I wish football authorities would put a stop to the inane goal celebrations which to me are so tiresome.There should be a time limit to get back to kicking off,similar a player being substituted should have to leave the field within-say 30 seconds.

I attended a developement squad game where the Leicester players ran to a corner every time they scored,there were no fans to celebrate with in these corners,so irksome.It spoiled a good night.