Club1872 tweet

Our (Rangers supporters) ability to argue amongst ourselves is mind-bogglingly endless.  

How about we all stick together and have a go at the real f*cking enemy!?

Edited by Gonzo79

This is off the back of a tweet i made regarding hospitality, basically saying the'd make a saving and could use that money for shares. 

For me, you should be able to track how your money is being spent and whilst "the money goes directly to Rangers", they should be transparent rather than use the "it's covered under the 5% admin". 

The positive from this is they've been upfront about the arrangement although they didn't answer the question on what the office costs. Likely around £2K a month, if they are paying full price. If they are in such a position that they need to raise £1M they should be cutting costs if that money isn't available in the bank. It would go a long way, positive PR and all that. 

I'm all for questioning these organisations - especially if their communication record is poor or, as their critics suggest, value for money in terms of projects or PR is worthy of debate.

However, I do think there's a way to go about it and some people (not necessarily Snags) are clearly less than constructive in their approach.

To be perfectly honest though I've seen faults on both sides of these kind of debates (and you can see this again over the last few days with respect to this).  I find this behaviour a complete turn off and I don't think my interest in Club1872 or fan representation has ever been lower as a result.

I still believe in the concept and I do think Club1872 usually try to do the right thing (rather than the inferred dishonesty from some) but the overall uncertainty created by their various information vacuums is hardly conductive to successful campaigns.

If they've stated that 5% goes on admin and they've spent only a 4 figure sum on this, who cares?  This is a complete waste of their time and ours in having to deal with this.  It's so immaterial it's ridiculous.

Rather than asking them to deal with irrelevant points, can't we just let them get on with the job?  It's crap like this that would put many sensible people off taking a role up within Club 1872.  If I'd received this it would have been deleted and forgotten about, but maybe that's why I couldn't do a job for them.  I have no patience for what I see is time wasting nonsense.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

If they've stated that 5% goes on admin and they've spent only a 4 figure sum on this, who cares?  

People are putting their hard earned into the organisation and some of it's being spent on entertaining members. Is a 4 figure sum really an amount that we can shrug off? Maybe you think it's a small amount but to me, it's a big amount for a supporter organisation.