Exploring a Gersnet Podcast - contributors wanted

19 hours ago, craig said:

pete's eyes don't work too well Frankie :D

I would be happy to contribute as an overseas fan.... "Bear in Bermuda" :D

I would be willing to come over to Bermuda to interview you, all expenses paid of course ?

8 minutes ago, plgsarmy said:

I would be willing to come over to Bermuda to interview you, all expenses paid of course ?

Unfortunately, our ad income budget won't stretch to that or new kitchens... ;)

PS: I've already put you down as a possible guest to the pod so there's no excuses given all the free time you have as a lady of leisure nowadays.

1 hour ago, compo said:

Long John's my arse all you need is string y fronts and a good string singlet 

I take it you've never worked in a shipyard in January Compo ?

Y fronts, thermal long johns and wifes tights all at the same time.            :clap:

On 21/02/2018 at 11:57, pete said:

I had

There are a few on here with fantastic memories of the past and I don't think we could omit 26th on that one if he was willing.

I also mentioned to BJ yesterday Frankie   before you got on ( sorry I never mentioned it again it went out my head) about possibly a live show during the game. There is always people on here wanting to know how it is going. You know a bit like the Sky(?) programme where they have people watching the game and chatting about it. There may be copyright problems on that though.. Am I getting carried away now?

You could broadcast live during a game easily enough. In this day and age with 'tinternet' its not a difficult thing to do however there might be a licensing issue if you were to do a live commentary during a game and as I said there would likely be a 6-10 second delay due to latency etc.

Yeah I'd be worried about rights issues - however if it was more of a discussion as the game is ongoing as opposed to an actual commentary then that may be OK but I doubt it.

Might also be tricky to do as people would be viewing the game at very slightly different times.

6 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Yeah I'd be worried about rights issues - however if it was more of a discussion as the game is ongoing as opposed to an actual commentary then that may be OK but I doubt it.

Might also be tricky to do as people would be viewing the game at very slightly different times.

Yea I was meaning a discussion programme. There may be a timing problem but surely the difference would not be so big the presenters could talk around it. i certainly never felt anything talking and listening on Tuesday, Anyway lets get the first problems sorted out before tackling new ones that may never happen.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick sit rep on this.

After some very positive initial discussions between interested parties, we're about to begin some proper testing over the next fortnight with the aim of releasing our first pod at the start of April (after our away match against Motherwell).

We have hosts in place, as well as a few guests which we'll initially be rotating between shows.  From there, we'll be looking to factor in other forum member contributions and try to make it as interactive as possible.

Watch this space! :cool:

12 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Just a quick sit rep on this.

After some very positive initial discussions between interested parties, we're about to begin some proper testing over the next fortnight with the aim of releasing our first pod at the start of April (after our away match against Motherwell).

We have hosts in place, as well as a few guests which we'll initially be rotating between shows.  From there, we'll be looking to factor in other forum member contributions and try to make it as interactive as possible.

Watch this space! :cool:

Thanks for the update Frankie.  It'll take a few pods before everyone settles into it, but I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that we can't wait.  No matter how many issues you have with it, I'll just be delighted to hear more people talking about Rangers.  It's our favourite subject afterall.  And if you're ever struggling for subject matter experts on any aspect of our club you've got plenty of smart people on here (myself excluded), and if that's not enough there are a few thousand Celtic fans that you can call on too.  They know everything about us.

Good luck to all those involved!