Club 1872 reach halfway stage of £1million target for Rangers share issue

I have a problem with the word "Special Project." There is no easier way to see money syphoned off as using the words Special Project. That covers a huge grey area.

I was a member of RST and C1872 but cancelled after the 5-1 home loss to the scum (I wanted to cancel everything after that).  I'm close to signing up again.  I believe in fans having a say but then sometimes you go online and wonder whether fans can agree on anything.  

Fully understand Bears who don't bother and those who get fully involved in these things.  

And I want to see a standing area too.  The atmosphere at Ibrox is dire.

22 hours ago, pete said:

I have a problem with the word "Special Project." There is no easier way to see money syphoned off as using the words Special Project. That covers a huge grey area.

Pete, there is no such thing as ‘Special’ Projects, it’s just projects and all are subject to Member approval. Also, members can choose where they want their money to do.

On 05/03/2018 at 15:04, Bill said:

I've made various contributions to the Rangers cause over the last six years, including buying shares that will never recover their value and donating quite a large sum to the RFFF that someone decided should instead be used to build a facility at Auchenhowie. I even allowed the voting rights of those shares to be used collectively by Vanguardbears on a case by case basis. However, I made a conscious decision not to take part in the RF campaign on a regular basis because over the years I had largely lost faith in the ability of supporters' organisation to deliver on their promises - largely due to the antics of the entirely mis-named Supporters Trust. While I continue to back the notion of supporter participation and would like nothing more than to see more shares in the hands of supporters, nothing I've seen in C1872 has changed my mind.

I would be delighted to buy more shares in any future share issue, so long as it was my money buying my shares at my risk and under my control. However, like many other like-minded fans, the board won't afford me that option and I refuse to be railroaded into using my cash to buy shares that someone else will own and have decision-making rights over.

It's a bit rich to see aspersions cast on non-participants after the conduct displayed by supporters' organisations over the years. It's not apathy, some of us just have long memories. If C1872 is for you then good luck with it but please leave it at that.

I’d love to know which antics you are talking about

1 minute ago, plgsarmy said:

Pete, there is no such thing as ‘Special’ Projects, it’s just projects and all are subject to Member approval. Also, members can choose where they want their money to do.

Was the standing area put to a vote of members?