Declan John out for 4 weeks

Just now, buster. said:

I remember Pedro playing three at the back up in a midweek fixture up in Perth and it was effective, middle to front for about half an hour.

It is a possibility, there are plenty of options available to Murty and that is the difference in our squad now, not sure we would play 3 at the back against the scum? we have Wallace available and we have two games before we play them.

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

It is a possibility, there are plenty of options available to Murty and that is the difference in our squad now, not sure we would play 3 at the back against the scum? we have Wallace available and we have two games before we play them.

Given that Alves is available and John is out there is a slight possibility but Murty seems to prioritise continuity regards team selection and whilst we are winning, I'm not complaining.

8 hours ago, pete said:

Roberts ran John stupid in one of the OF games. I would prefer Wallace for that to be honest.

That was the case some time ago and I seem to remember that at the time, John was virtually left alone on that flank since Windass simply didn't track back that often, if at all. John has evolved, and with Murphy he's build a decent left-wing partnership, both attack- and defence-wise.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

I remember Pedro playing three at the back up in a midweek fixture up in Perth and it was effective, middle to front for about half an hour.

Alves coming in for John sounds good, but the change in formation would be bad for Murphy and Candeias. We've been making very good use of the wings so this would be to big a change I think.

I'd hope Wallace can manage even 45 minutes but we'll see.