Should Morelos be dropped?

Going to stick my neck out and say he should be dropped for the beasts from the east game.   I'm sick and tired of him  miss sitter after sitter.  I think he is a vastly overrated player and reckon the club made a massive blunder by turning down 7 never mind 11 mill for him.

Cummings has to start.   He's a big game player and will be far more likely to score against the mhanks.

And yet he's the highest scorer in any SPL team. The same was said of Windass until the past few weeks and the thing is a player has to be getting himself into positions to have a shot at all to be missing.

I would say the opposition rate him highly enough to give him special attention which by itself creates space for others to get into.  There is no way he will be dropped next week but I too would like to see Cummings start with him.  

His game is a lot more than just goals. For a guy who’s not tall, he wins a lot of headers and creates a lot of chances and link up play. His passing can be erratic at times but when he gets it right it usually creates some great chances.

I also get frustrated about the chances he misses, but he is easily our most dangerous player and has to start.  He terrorises defences all game and creates the space for others.  As for his valuation, if he scored more of his chances he'd be worth at least double what is being quoted.  I like Cummings, but Morelos is our top threat and I can't wait to see his celebration next weekend when he scores.

Couldn't believe it when Cummings was the futherest player back and cleared up a dangerous situation in our box yesterday. He's working hard and gets about the pitch, all over the pitch but I don't think he helps our fluidity at the moment, in the way Murphy has been. Perhaps with more games, he could find his way into the style of play better but unless there are injuries, I doubt that he'll get much more than sub appearences.

If fit, Morelos simply has to start. You don't change something that has been getting results and besides, I see it as a positive that the goals are shared out between various players.

We could really do with Murphy back in time for next week though, he would make it much more difficult to defend against us.

Not even a debate for me. Morelos starts. He offers so much more and every defender in the SPL won’t enjoy an afternoon of him tormenting them. He looked like he just couldn’t be bothered today but still got into a few good positions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, buster. said:

Couldn't believe it when Cummings was the futherest player back and cleared up a dangerous situation in our box yesterday. He's working hard and gets about the pitch, all over the pitch but I don't think he helps our fluidity at the moment, in the way Murphy has been. Perhaps with more games, he could find his way into the style of play better but unless there are injuries, I doubt that he'll get much more than sub appearences.

If fit, Morelos simply has to start. You don't change something that has been getting results and besides, I see it as a positive that the goals are shared out between various players.

We could really do with Murphy back in time for next week though, he would make it much more difficult to defend against us.

That's because he was playing wide-left; he wasn't playing as an out-and-out forward.

I got annoyed at how the commentators kept mentioning it: that was his job, to track back. It wasn't that he was a striker that was doing a lot more work than he should have; he was doing what he had to do for the role. He was playing on the left, of what was essentially a 4-1-4-1. 

13 minutes ago, theboyharley said:

Not even a debate for me. Morelos starts. He offers so much more and every defender in the SPL won’t enjoy an afternoon of him tormenting them. He looked like he just couldn’t be bothered today but still got into a few good positions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he "couldn't be bothered"; it was just not his day, where nothing clicked for him. He certainly worked hard enough.

He always takes a temper tantrum when he misses -- whether he's got 2 in the game or none. That's just the type of guy he is; it's a nice trait to have in a striker, I think.

Morelos had an off day yesterday and did miss two glorious chances but he still played fine overall and he'd be in my team every single week for the threat he offers - not just in terms of goals but the overall way he leads the line.

I'#m not sure Cummings has that in him yet but can't argue with his efforts yesterday in a more withdrawn role.