Should Morelos be dropped?

I have read stories of Celtic fans wanting Celtic to go 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 with Dumb-ele and the PSG guy, i really hope they do as we will run them ragged. There is no way in the world that Scott Brown can last 90 minutes in a 4-4-2 against Goss and young Docherty. If they go 3-5-2 we will be in behind them so often they will need arsehole surgery. If Dumb-ele is not stuck up front alone I will be shocked.

33 minutes ago, Volbeater said:

Can’t drop Morelos. He will draw them all over the field and he can take the rough stuff. Can’t wait for this wee man to run them raw. 

He can take the rough stuff and he can give it back in spades if need be. He really is a little tank of a guy and given the refereeing community habit of discriminating against our players i'm a little surprised he doesn't have more cards against him.

He currently has 6 yellow cards. 

23 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

He can take the rough stuff and he can give it back in spades if need be. He really is a little tank of a guy and given the refereeing community habit of discriminating against our players i'm a little surprised he doesn't have more cards against him.

He currently has 6 yellow cards. 

I don’t mind if he gets another yellow. Just take these puddlehounds down!  

Add me to the 'Morelos must start' chorus, he's better than Cummings and will cause any defence problems.

I'd be amazed if Celtic don't come and play it tight and sit back trying to hit us on the break. In the end a draw is fine for them, we need the win so we'll be the more expansive side. That will suit them. The pressure remains on us, we need the result more than them, but they've got the experienced players. I like Docherty and Goss but Celtic's central midfield is considerably more experienced and that counts for a lot in these games. I expect a lot of niggles, verbals and confrontations, Brown will want to make this a battle, that's his type of game. He'll want Docherty and Goss forgetting about their game plan and trying to do him instead, a trick he learned from Lennon a long time ago. Discipline is the key for us this weekend. 

I would expect that Goss will be closely hounded by TLB and Co. since he is our main outlet for the defence and sets up attacks. I reckon Docherty will be preferred to Holt, as he's taller and more physical than Jason, but as mobile and aggressive. I would assume that Docherty will become Brown's nemesis.

Right now it is a bit difficult a choice between Murphy and Cummings. Both have been another attacking revelation, and while I am no fan of roving strikers, Windass, Morelos and Cummings have taken up great turns in stretching defences yet being in the right place at the right time. I think they and Candeias will give the Yahoo defence hell.

Tav and our left-back will be less attack minded, but likewise, the way Candeias and Murphy as well as Cummings supported the defence recently was admirable. Our best defence will be keeping them occupied in their half.

Generally, I'd like to see us playing with two strikers more regularly against the "lesser" teams.

4 hours ago, JohnMc said:

The pressure remains on us, we need the result more than them, 

I disagree....I feel they are under more pressure.

Even if we beat them in the 2 OF games, it's still not enough to win the league - They HAVE to drop point in order for us to win.  I believe the 2 team talks will have a completely different air about them - ours will be positive, pushing for the win & the 3 points....there's will be more focused on not dropping points - ie. don't lose.  That can have a notable effect in the players minds.

Ceptic (under Brenda) are not used to having teams breathing down their neck, and they MUST keep winning their games to keep the league title - they can't afford to drop anything.  Our situation is a wee bit different - there isn't much difference between 2nd & 3rd, other than bragging rights.  While we don't want to drop any points, it's not going to be as critical to the final outcome of the league.

21 minutes ago, Darthter said:

I disagree....I feel they are under more pressure.

Even if we beat them in the 2 OF games, it's still not enough to win the league - They HAVE to drop point in order for us to win.  I believe the 2 team talks will have a completely different air about them - ours will be positive, pushing for the win & the 3 points....there's will be more focused on not dropping points - ie. don't lose.  That can have a notable effect in the players minds.

Ceptic (under Brenda) are not used to having teams breathing down their neck, and they MUST keep winning their games to keep the league title - they can't afford to drop anything.  Our situation is a wee bit different - there isn't much difference between 2nd & 3rd, other than bragging rights.  While we don't want to drop any points, it's not going to be as critical to the final outcome of the league.

They're under-pressure, I agree about that. I also agree it's the first time they've been put under any pressure since Rodgers took over so it'll be interesting to see how they deal with it. However, I still think we've got more pressure on us. If we lose the league is pretty much done and the good work of recent weeks will start to be questioned again, Murty's job will be scrutinised as will his suitability to take us forward. That's the reality of being the Rangers manager. We need the win more than they do. There is also the growing sense of optimism in our support. We're actually looking forward to this match, there's a belief we can win it, that's not been present for a year or so, that also brings pressure. When we last played them at New Year we expected very little and were all pleasantly surprised by the performance. This time it's different, we expect at least the performance of last time. 

Just now, JohnMc said:

They're under-pressure, I agree about that. I also agree it's the first time they've been put under any pressure since Rodgers took over so it'll be interesting to see how they deal with it. However, I still think we've got more pressure on us. If we lose the league is pretty much done and the good work of recent weeks will start to be questioned again, Murty's job will be scrutinised as will his suitability to take us forward. That's the reality of being the Rangers manager. We need the win more than they do. There is also the growing sense of optimism in our support. We're actually looking forward to this match, there's a belief we can win it, that's not been present for a year or so, that also brings pressure. When we last played them at New Year we expected very little and were all pleasantly surprised by the performance. This time it's different, we expect at least the performance of last time. 

The fact is that we CAN'T win the league, without them dropping points.  Getting beaten on Sunday, only determine how many points we lose by.....

The league is Ceptics to lose....they can't afford to drop ANY points.

There is pressure on us....but not from Ceptic - it's from ourselves, for the reasons you state, but that is always gonna be the case @ a club like Rangers.

Ceptics form of late has been poor & Lacklustre...they need that to change to ensure they ge the title.  IF we just keep doing what we have been, I get the feeling that they will be the ones to buckle first....

Was delighted to see Cummings do so well on Sunday. 2nd & 3rd goals especially, he's unlikely to get another goal where he has 6 (six) touches inside the penalty box before shooting as he did for his first. Great finish, though. But just about the worst defending I've seen for a long time & Ithat's from someone who watched Ross Perry when we were in Div3.

Even so, if it's one up front then Morelos for me.