Should Morelos be dropped?

12 hours ago, gisabeer said:

Going to stick my neck out and say he should be dropped for the beasts from the east game.   I'm sick and tired of him  miss sitter after sitter.  I think he is a vastly overrated player and reckon the club made a massive blunder by turning down 7 never mind 11 mill for him.

Cummings has to start.   He's a big game player and will be far more likely to score against the mhanks.

"Beasts from the East!! Wish I'd thought of that first. I wouldn't drop him - he played his part yesterday despite not scoring.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

If you play two strikers you lose the midfield battle. The way teams break against us, I find playing two very dangerous; against Celtic that seems completely unthinkable.

I'd actually be tempted to bring in Holt  and move Docherty to the central attacking midfield position. That way he would be right on top of Brown. With Holt and Docherty in there they wouldn't have much time on the ball in the middle, and Goss would be freed up a bit from the physical side of the game.

Very unlikely I suppose, but I do wonder about the wisdom of playing with 4 attacking players against Celtic. Maybe that would be showing more respect than we need to I'm not sure.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I'd actually be tempted to bring in Holt  and move Docherty to the central attacking midfield position. That way he would be right on top of Brown. With Holt and Docherty in there they wouldn't have much time on the ball in the middle, and Goss would be freed up a bit from the physical side of the game.

Very unlikely I suppose, but I do wonder about the wisdom of playing with 4 attacking players against Celtic. Maybe that would be showing more respect than we need to I'm not sure.

I like the idea, but I don't like Holt in these games; he just gets bullied. I'd prefer someone like Dorrans, if he was available.

You'd also lose a good out-ball in Windass. 

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

It's about getting the balance right for the specific task at hand.

Murty has shown himself to be generally a creature of habit and continuity but if ever there should be 'curveballs' appear then it's these games against Celtic. If Murphy was fit, then I think we go the same way as usual but if he's not, then I'd be tempted to go with your idea re. Holt in and Docherty, on top of Brown.

I don't think Cummings would give the same speed, tempo and momentum. I think he'd be a good option to have on the bench.

Why would we effectively shoot ourselves in the foot, by leaving out the countries top scorer???

As others have said, Morelos brings a lot more than just goals.  Years ago, Boyd was heavily criticised for not working hard enough for the team, and that he needed to do more than just score goals.  Now we have a very hard working player, who causes opposing defences all sorts of problems & scores goals, and we're talking about dropping him for possibly the biggest game of the season (so far)

I just don't think we need to change anyone (notwithstanding injuries) or formation.  We are the dominant team in this league right now and should fear no one.  Let them worry about who and in what positions, but it would be a strong statement if we turn up with the same people in the same positions.  It would effectively be saying "we are good enough to beat you.  No surprises, no tactical changes necessary.  GIRUY".

Morelos too should've scored a hat-trick yesterday, but i still wouldn't drop him,as he just had an off day.

Can you imagine both him and Cummings on fire at the same time ?.. because it will happen ,and i just hope it's on Sunday.