Should Morelos be dropped?

40 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

Morelos too should've scored a hat-trick yesterday, but i still wouldn't drop him,as he just had an off day.

Can you imagine both him and Cummings on fire at the same time ?.. because it will happen ,and i just hope it's on Sunday.

I've got no doubts that we'd score a few goals with both of them in the team, but I'd be concerned defensively with both of them in there at the same time.  It would be exciting though.  Murty will make the right decision but I just don't think he will want to move away from our tried a trusted setup, which means one 'striker'.

Morelos will give the fhilth defence the heebie jeebies. He is close to an all round forward.

His work rate and aggression makes him a first pick, anyway, To those who say that he misses chances, there are three things for their consideration:

1.  (and obviously) he gets in position for these chances

2. he creates chances for himself, and for others

3. yes, he misses, but he is decidedly not one of those players (whom we have seen in blue, over the years) who will always be short of pace, or touch, or composure or any double or treble of these attributes, and will be consigned, thus, to a  poor scoring record, no matter how long he plays. 

Rummle them up, Freddo, rummle them up!

Edited by Uilleam

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Morelos will start.  We need everyone on their game and the Rangers support backing the team to the hilt.  

Spot on!  We need to get right behind the team from 60 minutes before the game until they walk off the pitch at the end.  We need to refrain from getting on their backs if they make mistakes because we can make a difference to their mood.  Of course, the team needs to give us something to shout about too.

I’m not worried about Morelos.  Yes, he misses chances but works hard and makes opportunities for himself.

Im more worried about left back.   Can see it being Halliday which isn’t ideal.

31 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Morelos won't be dropped. He's our top scorer.

But Murty needs to come up with a system to play him, Cummings & Windass.

We need to play all three because of the goal threat they carry.

Murty has come up with a system that has us scoring 21 goals in 5 games and playing good football. 

Is there really a need to muck about with it?

14 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

I’m not worried about Morelos.  Yes, he misses chances but works hard and makes opportunities for himself.

Im more worried about left back.   Can see it being Halliday which isn’t ideal.

I have to agree. whether it is John or Halliday I hope Roberts is not playing. I am less worried about the Lost Neck Monster.

47 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

But Murty needs to come up with a system to play him, Cummings & Windass.

We need to play all three because of the goal threat they carry.

I think that could work really well against defensive teams. Maybe not against the yahoos though.