Should Morelos be dropped?

Morelos is a great forward  and has to start but he's our third best finisher after Windass and Cummings. I'd like to see Cummings get a run in the team but I'm not sure how to fit him in.

I do think too much is made of his scoring record though and the constant reference to him being the top scorer in the league.

He only has 13 from 27 league games and isn't even top scorer anymore, a 34 year old Kris Boyd is. Morelos is a great player but lets drop the pretence that he's a goalscorer like McCoist and Boyd were.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Morelos is a great player but lets drop the pretence that he's a goalscorer like McCoist and Boyd were.

I should have said he might become one, but that's not the player he is just now. McCoist didn't do better than 1 goal every second game until he was 23. Boyd was doing it at 21 at Killie though.

Morelos is an all round forward who offers a lot to the team and chips in with goals, but so far he's doesn't appear to be a natural finisher like those two were.

Fit Cummings in in place of Windass,as well as a potent goal threat I think he would provide better assistance to Morelos.

Windass yesterday scored his goal then thought his day was finished as he done little or nothing else.

He has no composure, umpteen times he has been clean through and missed.  Time will tell if he improves that part of his game.

When Cummings came on yesterday his link up and 1st touch were both miles better than Morelos had delivered during the match.

Cummings should start against Celtic.  

Should Morelos be dropped? no way.

I'm almost sure that if Murphy was unfit to start yesterday then Windass would have been moved wide left making way for Cummings to start in the no 10 role.

Sure we can knock Windass for what appears to be his lack of effort at times but he has been scoring rather frequent which makes it difficult to leave him out, Cummings is going to have to bide his time.

Morelos has got a great work ethic and always seems to dust himself down after a bad miss (there's been a few) but he was left isolated many times yesterday although there's no getting away from the fact that he should have scored not just once but maybe twice.

That lot know they got out of jail yesterday so let's hope we learn from this for the semi and book ourselves a final day Hampden outing.

definitely not. He's our top goal scorer and has the strength to protect the ball and lay it off from a static, back to goal position.  The only striker I've seen who you knew would score when through against a keeper and closing defenders....was Marco Negri. Everyone else missed sitters. A good striker takes 1 in 5 (like Ally)...a great striker takes 1 in 3