Just now, Frankie said:

I think it's difficult to judge RTC's effect as we simply don't know who was involved.

However, if we consider Stuart Cosgrove was a leading light in it's Scottish Football Monitor offspring then that shows the kind of power anonymous blogs can wield.  I doubt RTC conducted the choir per se but it certainly led the singing from time to time.

It may well have had an impact on the press, but not on the actions of any of the main players as far as I can see.

Perhaps it helped whip up some of the opposition to us remaining in the SPL, but I'm sure that opposition would have existed to a similar extent had RTC not existed.

I don't see the need to give them any sort of credit for what happened to us as there's a huge list of people who actually impacted events.

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

It may well have had an impact on the press, but not on the actions of any of the main players as far as I can see.

Perhaps it helped whip up some of the opposition to us remaining in the SPL, but I'm sure that opposition would have existed to a similar extent had RTC not existed.

I don't see the need to give them any sort of credit for what happened to us as there's a huge list of people who actually impacted events.

To be honest, I can't remember the full time-line of RTC but I reckon it was used as a vehicle to publicly share information that the main players may not have wanted to release themselves (or were unable to via the mainstream media).  This increased speculation so helped drive the various narratives we seen as the media (Daly, Thomson etc) picked up the baton.

Charlotte Fakes had a similar affect and funnily enough William Stevenson - charged with stealing the emails - had his charges dropped last year too.

22 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I think it's difficult to judge RTC's effect as we simply don't know who was involved.

However, if we consider Stuart Cosgrove was a leading light in it's Scottish Football Monitor offspring then that shows the kind of power anonymous blogs can wield.  I doubt RTC conducted the choir per se but it certainly led the singing from time to time.

I believe RTC was a blog with differing roles as events developed and that those involved pushing it changed dependent on role.

The individual who became known as 'RTC' and was deeply involved with the HMRC and associated matters was the first person who posted fairly frequent output for a while.

However entering 2012, there started the initial publicly pushed steps to mount a campaign that would involve Scottish football fans (except us of course and especially others in SPL1) to call for what they considered would be a 'suitable action' for the governing bodies to take. As events unfolded, this centered on SPL1 clubs being pressured by their own fans threatening to not buy ST's.

The blog was an important part in the pushing the idea and handing out cyber pitch forks. This was under the RTC blog but it was other people pushing it (not the original 'RTC') that you could broadly say, were 'Celtic-Minded'.

Further down the line, the SFM blog replaced the RTC blog. 

The Celtic-Minded quickly realised the power of social media used in this way and cleverly looked to rebrand in a way that would try and appear as a more rounded pressure group representing Scottish football, when the truth is that it's run by and is property of the Celtic-Minded and has a relatively small percentage of other fans involved. 

Edited by buster.

20 minutes ago, Frankie said:

To be honest, I can't remember the full time-line of RTC but I reckon it was used as a vehicle to publicly share information that the main players may not have wanted to release themselves (or were unable to via the mainstream media).  This increased speculation so helped drive the various narratives we seen as the media (Daly, Thomson etc) picked up the baton.

Charlotte Fakes had a similar affect and funnily enough William Stevenson - charged with stealing the emails - had his charges dropped last year too.

IIRC the first day Charlotte Fakes appeared on the scene, 'she' leaked an alleged e-mail from Jack Irvine to Craig Whyte from around late August 2009. It was Irvine boasting about using his Nexus Lexus search engine to aid him in 'tidying up' CW's history on the web.

Consider that in the same month Sir Duped had stepped down from the RFC board (or most probably was nudged by the Bank).

Within a month or so, the bank would put 'their man', Donald Muir alongside the MIH man, McGill on the board.

And that Jack Irvine was also an advisor/spindoctor of Sir Duped.

And that Irvine had known what type of person CW was for years before that.

Ducks in a row and all that.

As Forlan said, it doesn't half reek..............

Edited by buster.

The RTC Blog provided the mood music for events surrounding our club. 

The PQ Gang Hut members were all main contributors and readers. Cosgrove utilised the name of his Donegal born maternal grand mother as his nomme de guerre. What the RTC Blog did, was put all of them on the same page. The language being used on the blog became the language employed to discuss matters Rangers. (eg cheating on an industrial scale). They did so knowingly, because if you accept the language of your opponent, then you have lost the debate.

Cosgrove has been honed, fashioned by the RTC Blog, Scottish football monitor, and even Pie and Bovril; he has always been a hater, he has learned to be a careful hater. Whereas, Jum Spence's hate became over emotional. Cosgroves actions on Scottish Cup final day 2016 should have been the end of his broadcasting career, but he apologised on air, late in that day's coverage. He knew he could come back every week and continue the hate by doing so, he has never disappointed in that regard.

I keep saying this over the years, the RTC Blog won the Orwell Prize in 2013/14. It's a prestigious award, who's mantle piece does it sit on? Do you think Cosgrove would tell us?  

19 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

HMRC's role throughout has to be questioned. No doubt about that & whether there was a rogue anti-Rangers element at work within HMRC. And I genuinely believe that their 'victory' at the SC has presented them with a major problem now they will have to pursue all other EBT's. Do they have the resources to do this ? Perhaps it would have better suited HMRC to lose at the SC.

But don't forget about LBG. Rangers bank debt was just 3 p.c of the MIH debt butt LBG pressurised SDM to sell Rangers. You have to question their motives behind this. And maybe who was behind this & I don't believe it was the lackey Shanks at Whyte's trial.

It would be comforting to ascribe their behaviour to 'rogue anti-Rangers elements' within HMRC. But it wasn't, it was just plain old HMRC., unless we are to believe the revenue is completely out of control and unaware of a campaign run by the EK1 CSC.

I certainly won't forget about LBG, Murray or the rest of them. I keep coming back, though, to the common denominator, the demands from HMRC. Without them, if there had been some kind of arrangement, everything else would (I think, anyway) have been manageable. Murray could have held off for a non-rocket buyer, Duff & Phelps wouldn't have been near us, admin could have been avoided, to say nothing of what came after...no, whatever groups of RTC/Pacific Quay moon howlers were out there (and by heck, they were out there!) everything depended on HMRC offering no comfort.

Gits!