6 minutes ago, Germinal said:

While others more than played their part, it was HMRC which devastated our club.

Good luck getting information out of that body.

Can't agree with that.

Sir David of Duped was IMO THE main catalyst.

The over-riding HMRC agenda was concerned with a macro-view, way beyond Rangers.

Some individuals within or close to it, were opportunituic and looked to maximise damage on the club.

Edited by buster.

Boabie. Here's where i think it shows how politically naive and disorganised we are as a support in general (not a bad thing btw, as it should be football and not a tribal dog fight, but that now the environment we exist in). There's plenty of guys wanting to help out and do something but no way of making a real difference or anything happen. For example, look at the recent referee displays, we cant even muster a story in the press putting forward our point of view and setting a narrative.

My thoughts is that somewhere out there is a Bear who has access to a smoking gun and wouldn't even know it e.g. proof of certain people meeting up. The next question is would we know how to use that information?  

4 minutes ago, Germinal said:

While others more than played their part, it was HMRC which devastated our club.

Let's face it, 'investigative' journalism barely exists in modern Scotland.  And if it does, it sure isn't there to help Rangers FC out.  

2 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

Boabie. Here's where i think it shows how politically naive and disorganised we are as a support in general (not a bad thing btw, as it should be football and not a tribal dog fight, but that now the environment we exist in). There's plenty of guys wanting to help out and do something but no way of making a real difference or anything happen. For example, look at the recent referee displays, we cant even muster a story in the press putting forward our point of view and setting a narrative.

My thoughts is that somewhere out there is a Bear who has access to a smoking gun and wouldn't even know it e.g. proof of certain people meeting up. The next question is would we know how to use that information?  

Sometimes when the dice are loaded, having the information isn't enough.

#GaryWebb

9 minutes ago, buster. said:

Can't agree with that.

The over-riding HMRC agenda was concerned with a macro-view, way beyond Rangers.

Some individuals within or close to it, were opportunituic and looked to maximise damage on the club.

I don't disagree that Murray led us entirely to the eventual outcome. But I can't work out why coffee companies or mobile phone companies can settle their bills but Rangers had to be driven to the wall.

3 minutes ago, Germinal said:

I would agree that they were the ultimate root of the problem.....

Murray wanted to sell, but no-one would buy with the EBT case hanging over everything.  Reports noted that Murray had offered circa £11m to HMRC to settle the tax penalty - this was rejected as they were determined to pursue "the bigger fish".  As a result, HMRC will receive significantly less than that £11m offer, and to date has there been any "big name" wins for HMRC in their battle against EBT's???  Also, the "public coffers" have had to shell out an awful lot more in their pursuit of RFC, than was actually owed.

Just now, Germinal said:

I don't disagree that Murray led us entirely to the eventual outcome. But I can't work out why coffee companies or mobile phone companies can settle their bills but Rangers had to be driven to the wall.

Power, Politics, Enticement and that the revenue wanted a precedent.

9 minutes ago, buster. said:

Can't agree with that.

Murray wanted out, but due to HMRC not budging their position, SDM's escape route was blocked....he took the only option that was offered to him.

so while SDM's choice of buyer ultimately had disastrous consequences, you have to look at the situation he was in at the time, that made that exit strategy a viable option for him.

Without the EBT stuff overshadowing everything, I'm positive a much more suitable buyer would have come forward.  No-one want to buy the club when there was a high probablility of being hit with a multi-million bill at a later date.

Just now, Rick Roberts said:

I certainly seems that way. If so. we need to build our own dice.

There are many individuals out there who know bit's and pieces about 'the affair'.

You'd need to build a database of names, subjects, collate and see where it took you. Then work about 8 hours a day on it for god knows how long.

Not a cheery thought but tThe quicker you start the better because people's circumstances change as the years pass.