The nightmare returns?

4 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I agree. I've a friend in the steel business who met with Murray about a year to 18 months. My friend's a bluenose and talk inevitably turned to us and back then SDM told him he wasn't finished with Rangers yet. Murray is an egoist and a gambler. The last few years have stung Murray, his reputation in tatters, his influence greatly reduced and his profile diminished. It wouldn't surprise me if SDM fancied another crack at it. the thought of getting one over King probably holds some appeal too. 

Murray IS finished with Rangers.  He may just not be willing to accept that yet.

There have been rumours about Murray returning throughout the last few years - sometimes, like this, they get extra traction, most times they remain on the general grapevine.

Personally I don't see it.  Murray's ego may fancy it but his bank, family and brain will not.

I'm hoping it's true.

He won't be enjoying seeing Celtic going for 9 in a row so soon after he led us to 9 in a row. He will have personally taken a lot of the credit for that achievement and he'll surely be gutted that this is where we are 20 years later.

Now that his fortunes have turned and he's apparently got money to burn again this may be him looking for a way to win the fans back by stopping Celtic's 9 in a row.

That's me very much putting a narrative to the story but I hope it's true, we don't have enough money.

18 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I'm hoping it's true.

He won't be enjoying seeing Celtic going for 9 in a row so soon after he led us to 9 in a row. He will have personally taken a lot of the credit for that achievement and he'll surely be gutted that this is where we are 20 years later.

Now that his fortunes have turned and he's apparently got money to burn again this may be him looking for a way to win the fans back by stopping Celtic's 9 in a row.

That's me very much putting a narrative to the story but I hope it's true, we don't have enough money.

You would welcome back the man who nearly killed our club? unreal...................:facepalm:

13 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I think you're missing the point.

The last time it wasn't his money to burn and that's why he ended up being forced to sell to Craig Whyte.  Our club almost died as a result.

We do need money - lots of it - but surely we have a bit more pride than going back to this selfish liar?

Totally agree. It would be comparable with an abused woman or man going back to a brutal and dis functional relationship. Their only reason being they couldn’t afford to stand on their own two feet. We are not rolling in cash but we are ok. To even contemplate those chancer is beyond my comprehension?

Shock this, shock that.

The structure of the company is different these days. Yes, many people would not want him involved. Still, if he accept that it was his failures that the club ended up where it did and he wants to redeem that situation somewhat, would we turn away a firm 10m etc. investment in the club that won't be his own again and where financial supervision and care is very different than in days gone by? With a day or two thinking about it?

At this moment in time, I don't think about it, as this is nothing but paper talk.

21 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I'm hoping it's true.

It just shows how two people can look at the same facts and see something completely different.  This man nearly killed our club, and his selfish attitude will never be forgotten.  He might be brave (I don't know), but he's certainly not stupid enough to think he would be welcomed back.  Even the possibility of him returning would no doubt help Club 1872 attract new members.

DK and the three bears saved our club and having steadied the ship, so there's no way they'd even contemplate having him involved again.  Thank goodness.

I wouldn't care how much money he was proposing to bring, I want him nowhere near my club again.  In fact I feel the anger building even at the thought of this parasite being associated with us.

Thankfully though, this is all nonsense.  There never was, and never will be a shred of truth to this.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that many would actually "welcome him back". It would very much be a decision where heart and head will have a quiet minute or two.

We have all seen before what happens when the heart wins in certain, future-changing situations.