Make God Laugh, Tell Him Your Plans - Rangers v Celtic Preview

For the first time in a while I'm genuinely looking forward to an Old Firm match.

Why? 

Because, as much as we outplayed Celtic for long periods in the last game (and we did well at times at Ibrox too in the defeat there), we now carry a proper threat.  We're dangerous, we create chances and we score goals.

Celtic do that too and remain favourites because of their experience but, perhaps for the first time in a long time, they do have to think about us as much as their own game.  And when that happens, often times they struggle - as does their manager.

Bring them on. 

Given doubts over Russell Martin's fitness, I think this will be the team.

It's fantastic that we appear to have John and Murphy fit and that left side will be as crucial as our right in terms of getting at Celtic to put them on the back foot.

Even better we should also have players on the bench that could change the game for us should it be required.

rfc_celtic_b.jpg

22 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Given doubts over Russell Martin's fitness, I think this will be the team.

It's fantastic that we appear to have John and Murphy fit and that left side will be as crucial as our right in terms of getting at Celtic to put them on the back foot.

Even better we should also have players on the bench that could change the game for us should it be required.

rfc_celtic_b.jpg

I hope Murphy and John are fit to allow us to play that team although Halliday has done ok in his couple of games at left back. Murphy was brilliant his last 3/4 appearances and could really give their back line something to think about and pin Forrest back at wing back. Fingers crossed Morelos brings his shooting boots too. ?? 

Halliday did OK despite obviously being rusty but I think his relative lack of pace would be problematic.

Having Murphy available is a huge boost and it may mean Celtic have to play Tierney at right back given Lustig is suspended.  Even better, they might play a 3-5-2 which would allow us to get in behind them quite well - if at the expense of being outnumbered in midfield at times.

Like I say, our options now mean they have to worry about us, instead of it being the other way.