Make God Laugh, Tell Him Your Plans - Rangers v Celtic Preview

After today, having almost managed to calm down after the stress of it all, I'm now convinced we are just one centre half and a number 10 away from winning this league.  Windass is good at the running game, but when we need to create, we need a more inventive player there.  I really enjoyed watching us go forward, but Murty's interview was spot on.  We stopped playing our game when they went down to 10 men.  We could and should have won it but hopefully they'll have learned a valuable lesson today - they are there to be beaten now.  We just have to beat that mob in the cup now.

11 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

After today, having almost managed to calm down after the stress of it all, I'm now convinced we are just one centre half and a number 10 away from winning this league.  Windass is good at the running game, but when we need to create, we need a more inventive player there.  I really enjoyed watching us go forward, but Murty's interview was spot on.  We stopped playing our game when they went down to 10 men.  We could and should have won it but hopefully they'll have learned a valuable lesson today - they are there to be beaten now.  We just have to beat that mob in the cup now.

I think we will. You’re right though, some players have to learn how to win

44 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

How the hell could Bates have been turned for their third I am sure I saw him being stretchered off,maybe it was a mirage.

Is that aimed at me?

If you had read the post properly you would've seen that it was a hypothetical. If Bates was on, he may have been turned for the 3rd, but I thought he would've prevented the 2nd -- it was a criticism of Cardoso. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Is that aimed at me?

If you had read the post properly you would've seen that it was a hypothetical. If Bates was on, he may have been turned for the 3rd, but I thought he would've prevented the 2nd -- it was a criticism of Cardoso. 

I believe that Bates would have prevented the 2nd too.  But also felt he had some responsibility for the first as think he should have closed Rogic down a bit quicker given Rogic had no passing options and was always likely to have to shoot.

havent seen second half as wee man had a training session with KT but first half we competed well.  Needed to get to half time at 2-1.  Didn’t think Fod needed to come off his line for the 2nd.  Dembele was under pressure for Cardoso and Fod made his mind up for him.

3 hours ago, Unicorn said:

We weren’t the better team.  In the second half they did to us what we did to them again and again in the 90’s.  They let us have the ball knowing we wouldn’t have the quality to turn the pressure into goals and hit us on the break.  

It was thoroughly depressing.  

Not sure you can say they knew we wouldn’t have the quality to turn pressure into goals given we had scored two first half....

Just now, craig said:

I believe that Bates would have prevented the 2nd too.  But also felt he had some responsibility for the first as think he should have closed Rogic down a bit quicker given Rogic had no passing options and was always likely to have to shoot.

havent seen second half as wee man had a training session with KT but first half we competed well.  Needed to get to half time at 2-1.  Didn’t think Fod needed to come off his line for the 2nd.  Dembele was under pressure for Cardoso and Fod made his mind up for him.

Totally agree re Fod and I would also question why he was so far out for the first? He was on the six yard line, why? If he stays on his line he probably gets to it.

The second is a bad goal as he should not be out there as is the sitting off at the third. I will give Fod a bit of slack though as it’s not his regular centre half’s and I’m sure he dosnt trust Cardozo (with good reason). 

On further reflection, I take a lot more positives than negatives from today, certainly a lot more than some on here. Perhaps expectations have a lot to do with that but for the first time in years I've no doubt we are capable of competing with Celtic. 

I also think everyone who saw the game, whatever their allegiance, realises that a shift has taken place in the balance of power. We're no longer lambs to the slaughter. Brenda certainly knows it, which is why he's become so openly mouthy in regard to Rangers. Perhaps our biggest remaining disadvantage is having so many players who have yet to taste success and believe they can repeat it. That will come.

We should’ve won yesterday. That’s 6 years since we’ve beaten them in 90 minutes and that record in itself needs to end soon. Murty learning on the job cost us today, he was too naive at 2-2 and them down to ten men. They’ll be waking up today thinking how on earth did they win that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk