Make God Laugh, Tell Him Your Plans - Rangers v Celtic Preview

That was an excellent read John, thanks.

I can't contain my excitement for this game.  It's a real chance for us to see if we've really improved.  And if it's not enough to win, well we just have to get better for the next two games against them.  It's the prospect of winning though, and more importantly the signal that sends, that has me counting down the minutes to kick off.

The players and manager seem to be taking it in their stride, but every fan I know is more excited about this game than I've ever seen them.  Unless you're a Rangers fan no one else can understand what it means to us to have come back the way we have.  As John says in his preview, this wasn't supposed to happen.  If we lose I'll be disappointed but can accept it.  If we win, ....... I actually don't know how I'll feel but I might need some time off to recover from the worst case of battle fever I've ever suffered.

5 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Brilliant match preview, John Mc.  I think you should be in on the team talk too :D   Time to take Glasgow back. 

That's a good idea.  If John was doing the teamtalk, what would he say?  I think we would all like to read that one. :D  I'm imagining an "Any given Sunday" style speech, ending with "time to take Glasgow back".

Lifted from FF

From their press conference today:

On hearing that Rangers players cheered when learning they would face Celtic in the Scottish Cup semi finals, Rodgers observed: "be careful what you wish for".

A comparison of transfer fees paid put into perspective how how big the gap should be.

Foderingham - Free                          De Vries - £0.4m

Tavernier - £0.2m                              Gamboa - £1m

Bates - £0-0.2m?                                Boyata - £1.5m

Alves - Free                                         Ajer - £0.5m

John - £0.3m?                                     Tierney - Free

Goss - Loan                                        Brown - £4.4m

Docherty - £0.67m                            Ntcham - £4.5m

Candeias - £0.7m                              Forrest - Free

Windass - £0.06m                             Armstrong - £1.8m

Murphy - £1m-1.4m                         Sinclair - £3.6-£4.5m

Morelos - £1m                                   Dembele - £0.5m

Alnwick - £0.25m                              Bain - Loan

Martin - Loan                                    Commper - £1m

Wallace - £1.5m                                Hendry - £1m

Halliday - Free                                   Kouassi - £3m

Holt - £0.06m                                    Macgregor - Free

Miller - Free                                       Musonda - £5.5m Loan apparently

Cummings - £0.65m                         Edouard - Loan (reasonable fee is likely)

That's just roughly but the total amount we've spent on this squad is a fraction of what they have so if we can compete with them it's a big achievement.

The one blot for us is the failure of the youth system. They've got three valuable players in there who've come through the youth team and we've got none.

A bunch of ours aren't accurately priced there though. Windass 60K?  I know that's what we got him for but that's a tiny fraction of his actual current worth. Same thing with a bunch of the others.

Morelos as we already know would attract a far higher bid than the price we paid and Foderingham free? He's obviously worth a lot more than that and so are a host of others. Our squad is worth a lot more than those figures would suggest. 

5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

A bunch of ours aren't accurately priced there though. Windass 60K?  I know that's what we got him for but that's a tiny fraction of his actual current worth. Same thing with a bunch of the others.

Morelos as we already know would attract a far higher bid than the price we paid and Foderingham free? He's obviously worth a lot more than that and so are a host of others. Our squad is worth a lot more than those figures would suggest. 

I think he means that's what we've spent on them, rather than what they're worth.

38 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I think he means that's what we've spent on them, rather than what they're worth.

Yes I got that facet of it. But at the end of the day Dembele is worth more than our entire squad and those of the rest of the SPL combined. Right? ;)3