The Anti Rangers SNP

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

This is news to anyone?

It has been blatantly obvious for years.  Bears who vote for that lot are conflicted.

i can see no honest way to support both Rangers and the SNP. I'd prefer that anyone who does so is honest with themselves and follows one road or the other.

SNP.jpg

Our support is so large and diverse that they cannot be out into a simple political bucket.  It's easy for other groups to associate with one political party or ideal, but it's not so easy for our support.  I'm accepting of that, although I do agree that there does seem to be a large number of SNP MSPs who are eager to demonstrate a blatant bias given any opportunity.  Some of the posts from MSPs are just bewildering.  I couldn't get away with posting anything like that or I'd lose my position, and I'm not a public servant!!!

There was also the story of the senior barrister (I think) who apologised and now everything seems to have been forgiven.  What?!?!?

The ramping up of anti-Rangers stories is continuing. It has progressed from social media, to the red tops and now it has escalated to direct comments from MPs. Criminalisation was tried but that failed, however it will be approached from an alternative angle.

The goal is to bring down a massive British institute which does have an influence on the social outlook of a major proportion of what is by far Scotland’s major population centre and beyond.

11 minutes ago, StuGers said:

The goal is to bring down a massive British institute which does have an influence on the social outlook of a major proportion of what is by far Scotland’s major population centre and beyond.

I'd hate to think that a major political party had that as a goal, but the evidence is certainly mounting to suggest it has.

Mr Ian Blackford, SNP Leader in the House of Commons replying to the Chancellor’s Spring Statement yesterday:

”At the weekend, we saw the hon. Member for Moray (Douglas Ross) at the Glasgow Celtic versus Rangers football match, in his other job as a linesman, waving his flag and enthusiastically calling for a red card. If anybody deserves a red card today, it is the Chancellor of the Exchequer.” - Hansard.

I suppose this is more anti-Ross than anti-Rangers but the link to the debate is tenuous and probably meaningless to most of the Members. 

If the Asst. Ref had been  Liberal-Democrat and the red card had gone the other way he would never have said it.

Blistering topical wit from the Member for Ross, Skye and Lochaber. 

30 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Our support is so large and diverse that they cannot be out into a simple political bucket.  It's easy for other groups to associate with one political party or ideal, but it's not so easy for our support. 

I don't think we are really that diverse.  And those who hate us certainly don't care about any fringe elements of our support when they regularly lump us all in together.

I know a few Rangers supporters who voted Yes but they tend to avoid conversing with me now, thankfully.  Must've been something I said.