The Anti Rangers SNP

14 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

So what do you think the view would be if those images were presented to a random population in any first world country?  Say if I showed them to people here in Oklahoma for example?  

I couldn't care less what they think.  I'm sure there are things going on in Oklahoma that would seem odd to me - like gun laws.  But it's not really my business.

8 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I'm not a random person from around the world. I'm just a football fan who knows a (very) little about ultra culture and as such I don't find it sinister. My view on whether I find it sinister or not has nothing to do with Joe Average of Tulsa.

It doesn't mean that I'd prefer that they didn't do it, as I've said.

If you think that I've got serious problems because of that, and because I disagree with you on that then fine.

If you prefer they didn't do this that's fine by me, that being your preference you obviously must appreciate that this is not good for the club despite your issue with the way I present it.

I still have to maintain that the average Joe anywhere would find those images sinister.  Hence my problem with it.  I don't want the club being linked to that.

3 hours ago, Darthter said:

Politics should play absolutely ZERO part of supporting a football team!!! 

That would hold a lot more weight if you didn't have a big 'Yes' sticker as your profile picture, on a Football Forum... :ninja:  

Let's see, we had a crowd of 50K+ at the game. Take off the opposition allocation and we're left with 43K+.
We have a group of fans, mostly young and energetic, deciding to march to the game as a unit. Why did they do it? 
They are walking the same streets as thousands of other fans do in getting to Ibrox. Why not just make your way there in smaller groups?
Maybe they have a point to prove. Maybe they feel that their team can finally beat today's opposition and they want to show the world that they are feeling good. Solidarity of the tribe etc.
They issue a flyer which is less than the normal standard of good taste. They don't care, they're young and invincible and how often will they get the chance to finally have a win against this opposition.
The police have spoken to them about creating any trouble and what the consequences will be, but they go ahead any way.
According to the many pictures taken by the media and videos taken by the fans we could probably guess the marchers numbered around 500. The police formed a line at both the front of the march and at the rear. They did not ringfence the march in the same fashion as they did when a similar group of Rangers' fans marched to Celtic park last year.
From these same pictures and videos it could be assessed that the great majority of the group wore dark clothing(it was rather crisp and coolish), also that about 30 at the front of the march were wearing some kind of face covering with a few more back from them. Maybe 40 in all. We might presume this was because the police were filming the group's occupants.( n.b. some supporters of various clubs do this for the same reason inside grounds).
So, we might surmise that possibly 0.1% of the crowd attending the game on Sunday walked to the game for a short while with their faces covered in some way.
How should we view this revelation? Should we, as Rangers' supporters, be concerned that the club's reputation will be forever sullied because of this tiny minority's actions, or should we perhaps look upon it as youth having an occasional fling?
Maybe we should check to see if there was any violent, riotous, depraved, crazed or other such behaviours that breached the laws of the land and just how many people were worthy of being arrested?
Brother supporters, the decision is yours.

Edited by barca72

1 hour ago, StuGers said:

I’ve got no problem with people choosing independence although I disagree with it. I have a problem with people who continue to vote SNP whilst a large number of them openly vilify our support in public unfairly.

I agree there are folk in the SNP who were voted in on a few hundred votes or a few thousand and are nobodies who vilify us. They are of the George Galloway ‘look at me’ brand. I have met plenty of labour and Tory folk who equally hate us. Since 2012 we all have. 

People cotton on to Rangers because we are a big club and they use our name one way or the other. That’s all it is but let’s be clever in how we deal with that and at the moment we’re not. 

5 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

I agree there are folk in the SNP who were voted in on a few hundred votes or a few thousand and are nobodies who vilify us. They are of the George Galloway ‘look at me’ brand. I have met plenty of labour and Tory folk who equally hate us. 

Only one party has MSPs, MPs and councillors who continually make derogatory comments about our club.  

We all know EXACTLY why that is.

4 hours ago, BEARGER said:

I’ve been following Rangers for the last 60 years and don’t need told by the Vangaurd Bears or any of the other right wing racist bigots  that I’m not a real Rangers fan. I believe in Scottish Independence and will vote for it next time, I’m not a member of the SNP. 

The VB are just another self appointed group who believe they know better than the rest of us. They have a history of acting against fellow Rangers fans, I disregard most of what they say.

Are you really saying VB are “right wing racist bigots”? I’m sure they’d love to hear you make that accusation in person. 

26 minutes ago, Bill said:

Are you really saying VB are “right wing racist bigots”? I’m sure they’d love to hear you make that accusation in person. 

well you'll know exactly what a racist bigot means...expert.......

It's strange how few objections are made to Unionism and what are often referred to as bigoted songs at Ibrox Stadium or on supporters buses.

Yet online, these objections are very common.

Even on this thread, I've had someone based in Oklahoma telling me what the majority of the Rangers support think of the UB march and that it's an indisputable fact that it is viewed as sinister.  I witnessed the march and work beside two Ibrox ST holders (one of whom can't stand the UBs mainly because of their Ole Ole songs), neither of whom has even mentioned the march.  

The 8 Bears I got the train home with and then had a few drinks with in Edinburgh never mentioned it either.  Not once.

The internet rarely reflects the real world, thankfully.

Edited by Gonzo79