The Anti Rangers SNP

I can't get my head around Rangers fans being members of the SNP, when they can see with their own eyes the openly hostile and anti-Rangers agenda.  Not only that but the SNP have without a shadow of doubt gone down the Sinn Fein route of belligerent Brit bashing, gathering to their poisonous breast the Republican terrorist, British citizen murdering psychopaths, who see our club and support as a legitimate target, as they do in Northern Ireland with the PUL community.  For their goal of a United Ireland, but in Scotland they use their political agitation and hatred to secure a breakaway for an Independent Scotland and the breakup of the Uk. Little regard for Scotland as it's not their first love, merely a route to an end for them.

For me any Rangers fan supporting the SNP in this current culture of British, Unionist  bashing, would be better off joining the Green Brigade, Sinn Fein or the IRA, because they have clearly more in common with them now, than any Rangers supporters i know, which i  would say is the vast majority of us. Out of courtesy to this forum i will leave this here and remove myself from the thread, other than to say until things change for the better,  i will look on any SNP Rangers supporters as i would any Tim or Green Brigade element, with disgust.

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's strange how few objections are made to Unionism and what are often referred to as bigoted songs at Ibrox Stadium or on supporters buses.

Yet online, these objections are very common.

Even on this thread, I've had someone based in Oklahoma telling me what the majority of the Rangers support think of the UB march and that it's an indisputable fact that it is viewed as sinister.  I witnessed the march and work beside two Ibrox ST holders (one of whom can't stand the UBs mainly because of their Ole Ole songs), neither of whom has even mentioned the march.  

The 8 Bears I got the train home with and then had a few drinks with in Edinburgh never mentioned it either.  Not once.

The internet rarely reflects the real world, thankfully.

Well once more allow me to enlighten you.  Trains are typically methods of transport where people play with phones or make small talk on typically short journeys.

Forums like this exist for discussion and nothing else and in case you didn't notice it that opens possibilities for discussion over hours, days and weeks not ten minutes on a train.

It's like being puzzled as to why so many people in parliament talk about the topic of the moment in parliament yet it's not being discussed so frequently on the train.

I'm baffled that anyone at all is baffled by discussion of a topic which was started to discuss that topic. And dare I say 'ultra' baffled that anyone expresses any surprise that any specific topic isn't discussed on any specific train journey.

Trains rarely reflect the absolute reality of parliament or the internet, thankfully.  And the reason for that is people are a lot more frank on an internet forum than they are on a train. That's another fact that may have escaped your notice and there are very good reasons for it which you may be able to discern with just a little thought.

29 minutes ago, colinstein said:

well you'll know exactly what a racist bigot means...expert.......

Here it goes again. A bit boring but when you've so little of substance to offer ... xD

Race Card.jpg

I spent two hours on the train and Scotrail wifi is as much use as a chocolate fireguard.  On the way home from a Rangers v Celtc match, you'll tend to find that is the main topic of conversation.  Maybe you talk about the weather and last night's tea on the way home from a big match but I bloody well don't. 

In the pub, we discussed the day's events and I never saw anyone looking at their phone, other than phoning wives/taxis etc.   The march wasn't discussed there either but the various banners, card display and firecrackers were.

I've spent 2 days at my work with my two ST holder colleagues.  During these hours the weekend's match has been discussed at great length and that includes the atmosphere and all that entails.

I don't live on trains.  But I do live and work amongst fellow Rangers fans.

But I'm glad someone in the States can inform me the true feeling of our support and that online anonymity provides people with testicular fortitude.  Enlightening stuff...thanks.

Edited by Gonzo79

You can't be Scottish and not British.

Sorry but the SNP are just masters of manipulation. Lift the lid on any of their doings and you find hollow lies.

Reduced rates for small businesses was just the privatisation of our water with increases in small business rates as two bills replaced the one.

Free education is great I benefitted from it myself but the truth is universities now acting as commercial interests prioritise foreign students over our own for the extra income. Instead of our students benefiting from foreign investment we are being marganalised and excluded all with the silent backing of the SNP. Scottish lectureers even in subjects like engineering our core expertise are becoming rare and unwanted.

Programs are being eradicated because they would only be available for Saas students and being replaced with foreign incentive based programs unsuitable to saas funding.

The NHS Scotland  well that speaks for itself. Shorten waiting times by cancelling appointments before deadline and reissuing appointments resetting issue date is typical SNP brinkmanship.

The covering of Glasgow sepa and it's falsified toxicology reports leaving people unbeknown of what lurks beneath their homes all with the full knowledge of the first minister.

The absolute shambles of the flagship SNP funded viridor plant at aikenhead Rd with a £200m black hole and basically a plant that so far doesn't work. Even though similar plants have been in existence for decades. The Italian equivalent costing just £11m. Ours is at plus £250m and still growing.

And still not seeing much decommissioning of redundant oil fields. What's the bill for that and who is paying it? 

Will give them the recent marine renewables and climate change 2009 bill. Which looks to be doing well and out performing other European nations efforts.

My own personal opinion is the independence movement  is out of the parties control and being led by anti British movements at zero thought to what is best for the people of Scotland. 

I think this thread just demonstrates why football and politics just shouldn't mix.  Whether you understand it, agree with it, or not, the simple fact is that our politics do not determine the team we support and vice versa.  For some people, a link is created between the two that just doesn't exist for many others (including me).  I've voted for many different parties over the years, depending on their policies.  I have however supported the same team since I was old enough to say Rangers.  There is nothing connecting the two things for me.

Edited by Gaffer

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I spent two hours on the train and Scotrail wifi is as much use as a chocolate fireguard.  On the way home from a Rangers v Celtc match, you'll tend to find that is the main topic of conversation.  Maybe you talk about the weather and last night's tea on the way home from a big match but I bloody well don't. 

In the pub, we discussed the day's events and I never saw anyone looking at their phone, other than phoning wives/taxis etc.   The march wasn't discussed there either but the various banners, card display and firecrackers were.

I've spent 2 days at my work with my two ST holder colleagues.  During these hours the weekend's match has been discussed at great length and that includes the atmosphere and all that entails.

I don't live on trains.  But I do live and work amongst fellow Rangers fans.

But I'm glad someone in the States can inform me the true feeling of our support and that online anonymity provides people with testicular fortitude.  Enlightening stuff...thanks.

Yes you're far out of touch with reality if you don't grasp that people are different online than they are in the street or on a train.  That's not a difficult concept or reality to grasp it's a well known phenomenon that's been debated in psychological circles and it doesn't take a psychologist to explain in depth why.

And as for this drivel about talking about a match after the match FFS.  What a surprise.  You seriously think I or anyone else for that matter would have been focused on anything else after a match?  You equate an after match train journey with topics on an internet forum?

What else didn't they talk about that gets talked about on internet topics which have subject lines related to that topic? You must be surprised about the number of things talked about here which weren't talked about on that train because it's voluminous.

Why is anyone in here talking about anything other than matches?

Getting it?  It's a dedicated discussion forum discussing all manner of topics.  Even ones you don't want to talk about if people don't decide to be like you and support any Tom Dick or wacko no matter what it does no matter what light it paints the club in providing it's wearing a blue scarf.  

And as for someone in the States I was born in and lived in Scotland for over 50 years which you likely haven't yet you think you can tell me anything about Scotland? I would bet I was at Ibrox beforee you were born.

You better go tell all those others on this forum who were born and bred in Scotland but are no longer there that you're an authority over and above them when it comes to Rangers and Scotland. 

That kind of disconnect doesn't actually surprise me either since you earlier tried to tell me something about Oklahoma . A place i'm pretty confident you have never been in and I have lived and worked in for the past 6 years. 

7 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I think this thread just demonstrates why football and politics just shouldn't mix.  

I agree with you Gaffer politics should be reserved to the Bluenose lounge. Most of the stuff I have read in this thread is absolute shite. 

You can't be Scottish and not British.

Richard Gough the Rangers and Scottish captain was born in Stockholm Sweeden and grew up in South Africa which means he's not British but has chosen to represent Scotland and indeed regards himself as Scottish. 

Edited by Big Jaws

People seem to confuse Scottish nationalism with normal party politics.  

I have no real issue with people voting for any party.  I do have an issue with people wanting to break up the UK though.  And Rangers FC has always been a focal point for Scots who feel British, like it or not.

6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

That kind of disconnect doesn't actually surprise me either since you earlier tried to tell me something about Oklahoma . A place i'm pretty confident you have never been in and I have lived and worked in for the past 6 years. 

What did I try to tell you about Oklahoma?

Are there a lot of Bears there? 

You're the one who started taking authority on who knows best about what Rangers fans think.  Why do you think you know better than me? 

And why do you keep focusing on the train thing?  I don't live on trains.

Edited by Gonzo79