New strip/sponsor

If we become Red Bull Rangers or RB Rangers, I'd pack football in.  Thankfully, we won't, so it's all entirely hypothetical.

I'm hoping we get Umbro strips with Orange as the sponsor. ?

Edited by Gonzo79

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

If we become Red Bull Rangers or RB Rangers, I'd pack football in.  Thankfully, we won't, so it's all entirely hypothetical.

I'm hoping we get Umbro strips with Orange as the sponsor. ?

I would be delighted if RB pumped in millions. As you say, they won’t but if they did I would be over the moon. Let’s say 100 million to rename to “The Red Bull Ibrox Arena” and shirt sponsor for 2 years. I would be quite happy.

Not a chance of it ever happening though:D

Partial renaming of Ibrox at the right price totally acceptable and would be great news in current circumstances. I doubt any one company would put a massive amount into Scottish football but don’t see why it is so difficult to get a handful of smaller deals and perhaps a medium sized one for something such as stadium renaming. Our sponsorship deals at the moment seem modest for the publicity we offer. 

Renaming any part of the club name would obviously be unacceptable but why couldn’t things like Rangers TV be renamed, logos on corner flags etc. I am no expert in marketing but there must be some easy money out there. 

Another thing - if the BBC refuse to cover our games properly we should look at options of striking a deal with other broadcasters even if it is local radio and just return our share of the BBC contribution. I don’t see how we can be tied into deals made by SPFL or SFA that do not give us equality with other clubs. There is something not quite right about the BBC doing commentaries on a Sky broadcast when we are being marginalised in terms of coverage.  There must be some angle here.