Rangers 4 Dundee 0 (Miller, Morelos, Murphy, Candeias)

8 hours ago, buster. said:

It's as if both directly and indirectly, our club has been used over the past decade or so by all and sundry as a testing ground for all kinds of social, financial, fiscal, questionable business practises, mediatic, spinning (etc.) 'experiments' wrt how far you can actually go and very few have anything to do with football. With some I'd say how far beyond the line you can sail without getting 'caught', rather than how close to it.

Dundee have just started to get their act together and they'll come to Ibrox surprisingly confident of picking up a point or three. We'll just have to see how we react after three games without a win. Do we turn yet another corner and provide some hope that we can finish the season strongly or do we continue the way of recent performances, possibly fall further down the table and have everyone dreading the remaining games ?

In someways going to a 'bad place' prior to the semi-final MIGHT actually work in our favour given I think we struggle with expectation but I'd much rather have the three points given the league table.

Let's hope that Dorrans and McCrorie can show themselves to be ready for 'battle' but I'd be careful with the latter as we've already pushed his young body further than we should have at the end of last year. 

The very least we need to see is effort, workrate and trying to play the game at a high tempo.

Derek Johnstone was playing in the first team at 16. Cochrane of Hearts plays nearly every week at 16. I doubt we pushed a 19 year old too hard unless he was carrying the injury a lot longer.

If those two tweets are true there we I'll be a minutes silence and a minutes applause?

I've got to say I am looking forward to this one. I'm back in the hood for a holiday and will be back at Ibrox with my dad and brother in-law. I'm choosing to ignore the worries about form to just get that feeling of being at Ibrox. 

4 hours ago, pete said:

Derek Johnstone was playing in the first team at 16. Cochrane of Hearts plays nearly every week at 16. I doubt we pushed a 19 year old too hard unless he was carrying the injury a lot longer.

I think he had been playing through an injury.

To a degree, it reflected how important a player he had become for us but it's probably cost net gametime. 

42 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Wee segment about McCrorie on SSN tonight.

I have to say I have very high hopes for this lad.  He displays all the attributes I admire in a footballer.  

Let's hope he has a bit of the 'Ian Ferguson' in him.

As I've said before I think when the goals and creativity dry up it's time to go with 2 up front and personally I prefer 4-4-2.

Wes

Tav - Mcrorie - Alves - John

Candeias - Docherty - Dorrans - Murphy

Cummings - Morelos

The top strikers benefit the wingers more than anyone as they have more of a chance of finding a one-two, Murphy's one-two bringing him inside (the way Messi often does) and Candeias' one-two taking him down the wing. I think we'd see the better side of Windass's game coming on up front in place of either striker. 4-4-2 is actually almost identical to 4-2-3-1, the only difference is that we have two players on their last man giving options in behind. I'm fed up of playing in front of the opposition back line all the time. Time to see more clever through balls and old fashioned long balls.

Edited by DMAA

I think we'll use the same players as that DMAA but probably retain the 4-2-3-1 and play much like we did against Falkirk at Ibrox in the cup with Morelos, Murphy and Cummings all rotating in the forward roles.

Thanks for the preview Coop, I'll get it online shortly... :)

rfc_dundee_c.jpg

19 hours ago, Barebear said:

If those two tweets are true there we I'll be a minutes silence and a minutes applause?

I've got to say I am looking forward to this one. I'm back in the hood for a holiday and will be back at Ibrox with my dad and brother in-law. I'm choosing to ignore the worries about form to just get that feeling of being at Ibrox. 

The tweets are correct mate.

Minute's silence at start of match for Ray Wilkins

Minute's applause at start of second half for Stuart Pedley (Broxi)

Time to give the youngsters a chance play Alnwick in goal McClelland in defence and  Murray Miller in middle never know what they can do if we don't play them  go on be bold give youth a chance .