Rangers 4 Dundee 0 (Miller, Morelos, Murphy, Candeias)

FT 4-0 to the teddy bears

From elsewhere:

Hearts 2 Sheep 0  

Ross C 1 Hibs 1 (90th minute equaliser)

Oh and Arabs lost 3-2 at Dumbarton (just in case anyone wants to know ;) )

Edited by SteveC

After 60 mins Dundee had run the race, after 2-0, they were done, despite plugging away. Those last two goals were icing on the cake, but make no mistake, that was again more often than not rather brutal to watch. No cohesion in midfield, Dorrans too far back to be at his best (not that I have seen it bar his late run and that cutback to Candeias - when Dundee was done already), and baffling subs (bar the precaution for McCrorie).

Had Dundee half decent strikers (and Murray sure looks like a Hibee, but is quite a good footballer), we would be shedding a few tears ...

I fear that we might lose Cummings in the summer because he will get almightily frustrated by Murty sticking to 4-2-3-1 and subs like today.

Edited by der Berliner

22 minutes ago, SteveC said:

FT 4-0 to the teddy bears

From elsewhere:

Hearts 2 Sheep 0  

Ross C 1 Hibs 1 (90th minute equaliser)

Oh and Arabs lost 3-2 at Dumbarton (just in case anyone wants to know ;) )

Good day for our loanees and ex-players ...

Goal! Livingston 0, Morton 1. Thomas O'Ware (Morton) header from the centre of the box to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Luca Gasparotto.

Goal! Livingston 1, Morton 1. Jackson Longridge (Livingston) header from very close range to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Craig Halkett.

Goal! Livingston 2, Morton 1. Alan Lithgow (Livingston) header from the centre of the box to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Jordan Thompson with a cross.

... and Dumbarton's goal had some light-blue influx too

Goal! Dumbarton 1, Dundee United 0. Calum Gallagher (Dumbarton) right footed shot from very close range to the bottom left corner. Assisted byTom Walsh.

With a bit of luck, Morton may even keep the Arabs out of the pre-play offs.

11 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

After 60 mins Dundee had run the race, after 2-0, they were done, despite plugging away. Those last two goals were icing on the cake, but make no mistake, that was again more often than not rather brutal to watch. No cohesion in midfield, Dorrans too far back to be at his best (not that I have seen it bar his late run and that cutback to Candeias - when Dundee was done already), and baffling subs (bar the precaution for McCrorie).

Had Dundee half decent strikers (and Murray sure looks like a Hibee, but is quite a good footballer), we would be shedding a few tears ...

I fear that we might lose Cummings in the summer because he will get almightily frustrated by Murty sticking to 4-2-3-1 and subs like today.

I seem to have had a much better day by not seeing the game than those of you who saw it!  

Take the victory and after Halliday cam on he was fantastic and we took total control. The first 35 mins was flat, pedestrian and we struggled to get a hold of the ball. There was a complete lack of psychological cohesion.

Morelos never touched the ball for the first 20 mins. He looks indifferent to the cause at best although it looked like a penalty he was booked for? Good win and back to second which is a good days work.

I would suggest bringing in Halliday or Holt for next week as the midfield is way to light. 

P.S The weather was just awful, totally drenched on the way along the PRW.

Edited by cooponthewing

23 minutes ago, SteveC said:

I seem to have had a much better day by not seeing the game than those of you who saw it!  

Oh, rest assured that I am happy at the goals and the three points and the win. We've played badly before and snatched wins, vital wins along the way.

Today did nothing though to suggest that the midfield partnership between Docherty and Dorrans works - nor is required at home against Dundee. In fact, it was the third game on the trott were next to nothing went through a midfield not dominated by us. While we didn't dominate games with Holt and Goss in there, we at least created through them. If we play like today at Hampden, we'll get slaughtered. But today's results might give Murty the illusion that he's still on the right track ... which is something I can't be happy about.

Edited by der Berliner