For every person that is willing to pay, others would not or cannot so I'd rather not bring a pay wall in.  I think most of the ads are fairly unobtrusive for members.  I guess we could bring in a paid membership level which removes the ads - I'll discuss that with the rest of the admin team.

FWIW, we don't use pop ups on this site so if you're suffering from them it may be a general user-specific issue with their own device but we'll certainly report it to our ad partner.

The last few days I've been getting plagued by fake Amazon pop-up ads, when browsing Gersnet on my phone - I think a couple of other users mentioned it on the main forum.

They redirect me to a page that can't be backed out of - the only option is to close the browser. Is it something admin can report or block?

I'll attach a screenshot...

Thanks.
Screenshot_20180525-191751.thumb.png.959652c619cc85a193dc048f5b801073.png
Im not sure this is from Gersnet ads mate.
Frankie has reported to them, but the type of ads they have on our site shouldn't be able to do that. I would need to look more into

3 hours ago, Thinker said:

The last few days I've been getting plagued by fake Amazon pop-up ads, when browsing Gersnet on my phone - I think a couple of other users mentioned it on the main forum.

They redirect me to a page that can't be backed out of - the only option is to close the browser. Is it something admin can report or block?

I'll attach a screenshot...

Thanks.

Screenshot_20180525-191751.png

These things are so persistent I've given up using my iPhone to access Gersnet.

6 hours ago, blueflag said:

Im not sure this is from Gersnet ads mate.
Frankie has reported to them, but the type of ads they have on our site shouldn't be able to do that. I would need to look more into

It's definitely coming from Gersnet. On my iPhone I get no ads at all anywhere, apart from Gersnet over the past couple of days.

Ad partner looking into it and apparently they think they might know what's causing the issue.

Can those having the problem please let me know if it persists and/or if it resolves.  :)

11 hours ago, Frankie said:

For every person that is willing to pay, others would not or cannot so I'd rather not bring a pay wall in.  I think most of the ads are fairly unobtrusive for members.  I guess we could bring in a paid membership level which removes the ads - I'll discuss that with the rest of the admin team.

FWIW, we don't use pop ups on this site so if you're suffering from them it may be a general user-specific issue with their own device but we'll certainly report it to our ad partner.

Definitely wouldn't want a pay wall, but you could open yourself up to donations. For me, this is not just an extremely well run site with a good balance of members, but it's literally the only choice for a Rangers forum. We all know what the other ones are like. 

However, ads have been no issue until this recent occurrence, which is obviously a glitch.