New manager rumours

I just thought i would put this into a thread. I personally expect a new manager to be named next week after the Celtic Scottish cup game is out of the way. This is not based on anything just that the Cup final will almost be a month away and it will boost season ticket sales.

Heerenveen not an option for De Boer

Posted by admin on April 10th, 2018 05:16 PM | Eredivisie, News  

Frank de Boer is hoping to get back into management this summer but not with Heerenveen. 

• By Michael Bell
  • Follow Michael on Twitter

de-boer-inter-300x200.jpgRumours on Monday linked Heerenveen with De Boer as they seek a replacement for the outgoing Jurgen Streppel.

However, speaking to De Aftrap van RTV Love, De Boer responded to the the links, “No, I do not think so.”

After failed spells with Inter Milan and Crystal Palace, De Boer is looking to get back to work this summer, “I hope so, but it has to be the right club, which is important at this stage, if you are fired twice quickly, that’s not good for your resume. You have to consider which step you will take at which club.

“At the moment there is nothing at all, I have been asked, but not something that I am stuck with,”

Apart from Preud homme none of the other rumoured candidates excite me. Clark is doing well at Killie but he cannot set a Rangers team up like a Killie team. Normally I hate goalkeepers as managers but I suppose Preud Hommes managerial record speaks for itself.

24 minutes ago, pete said:

He distanced himself from the job right at the beginning.

Cheers Pete !

Frank seems to be restricting himself to a very narrow type of job that he obviously expects to be offered.

I get the feeling he needs a squad made up of mostly Dutch players under the age of 24 to have a chance of being successful.

If we were to sign a manager of FDB quality I would be over the moan. The guy won three successive titles with Ajax and then took on car crash jobs at Milan and Palace. He would be a project manager and given 2/3 years to work on this. He also has an affection for the club.

There is nobody else with his qualities and the only other mentioned is perhaps Clarke? However, FDB has a winning mentality and record with Ajax as a manager and as a player with various clubs. He would be ideal for me.

1 minute ago, pete said:

Apart from Preud homme none of the other rumoured candidates excite me. Clark is doing well at Killie but he cannot set a Rangers team up like a Killie team. Normally I hate goalkeepers as managers but I suppose Preud Hommes managerial record speaks for itself.

Given what has already been said by Clarke himself, he may be a non-starter BUT for me he is clearly the best candidate out there.

- Excellent experience at top level

- Knowledge of Scottish game and league

- English speaker and commands respect

- 'Media accepeted' and commands respect

- SPFL record / Has beaten Celtic and if you extrapolate his record to the rest of season he wasn't there, a limited Killie squad would be a very comfortable second / only team in league to win 5 gamesIAR this season.

- Didn't need time to settle at Kilmarnock

Who would make a realistic shortlist of five?

(Pete,

(Little aside here and not that I'm proposing someone with a name like Aloysius, but given where you are, what is LVG up to these days?)

If another Portuguese was to be entertained and could be affordable, how about Marco Silva?

Here we are almost on the eve of a big game and this new manager crap get peddled sometimes were our own worst enemy,  that lot at the city dump will be orgasmic reading these kind of reports .