New manager rumours

10 hours ago, DevilBlue WeeThe said:

SBS, what would it take to make you happy again buddy?

The only answer I can think is is a time machine or a fairy Godmother.....just saying pal.

Fixed that for you. :D 

9 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

McCoist, Warburton, Pedro and Murty are all managers with little or no experiencing coaching at a decent level. They all failed. Of course a rookie is the last thing on God's green earth we need. This regime is just like the last two - clueless. 

This is turning stories to suit your argument. Pedro started managing when he was only 28 and had been at a number of clubs as assistant or full manager.

Teams managed
1999–2003 Desportivo Beja (youth)
2003–2004 Vasco Gama Vidigueira
2004–2006 Sporting CP (assistant)
2006–2007 Al-Hilal (assistant)
2007–2008 Panathinaikos (assistant)
2008–2009 Rapid București (assistant)
2009–2010 Saudi Arabia (assistant)
2010–2011 União Leiria
2011–2012 Nacional
2013–2015 Santos Laguna
2015–2017 Al-Gharafa
2017 Rangers
2017– Cruz Azul

Ally McCoist had played under a number of managers and was assistant to Walter for 4 years. He was also a coach under Walter at Scotland so a step up to manager was not that crazy a decision. After all the great Bill Struth had taken roughly the same route. on the other hand Dave White also took the same route he had managed Clyde and was assistant under Scott Symon before stepping up and he failed to win a major title. Warburtons problem was not so much experience but bloody mindedness a trait that he has shown at virtually every club he has been at.

You could have of course included John Greig who was taken from player to manager and flopped.

Willie Waddell was successful at kilmarnock and  gave us the ECWC and a LC but never won a title and he was experienced although he did give us the new Ibrox.

PLG had experience in winning the French title 3 times but flopped with us.

As you can see experience is not a guarantee for success as our history proves and unfortunately money probably is the biggest guarantee for success these days.

I just don’t get this poisoned chalice nonsense. The Rangers job is one of the best you can get. Rangers budget is far and above anyone in the league bar celtic. 

You beat all the other teams then you hope to get lucky in 4 standalone old firm games.

Chris Sutton is a parody.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

So, has there been any news at all today or is it still anybody's guess as to whether the Gerrard thing is happening or not?

I saw a few posts yesterday saying it was a done deal, but its starting to remind me of the Mcinnes shambles.

If it goes much beyond the OF game my guess is it’s not going to happen. If we have offered him the job (and it’s only the BBC at PQ who are implying this) then he should have made his mind up by Monday I would have thought. Mind you BBC Scotland areva shoddy outfit so wouldn’t be surprised if he’s just one of several bring interviewed.