New manager rumours

Just now, craig said:

If Sutton is saying that then it will be Gerrard removing himself from contention.  Sutton hates ANY positive news about Rangers, so wouldn't be overly keen on confirming his appointment.

That's what I'm worried about. I wasn't crazy about the idea of Gerrard at first but with all the coverage I've come round. All the Celtic legends and ex managers lining up to "warn" him against taking it has made me want him more.

Just now, Steve1872 said:

Reports coming out right now that Steven Gerrard has agreed to take charge at Ibrox from June 1 on a three year deal.
EST consultancy on Twitter

Interesting 

31 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Sutton has tweeted that “Stevie G may have some news...” tonight 

Gerrard is too shrewd to entertain that type of tabloid tv which Sutton peddles to try and keep himself in the limelight.

Lee Dixon has a good idea about how 'Sutty' should be treated. ;)

3 minutes ago, SteveC said:

Multiple outlets saying it is a done deal. Tabloid crap outlets like the Star and below, but still :

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/953733/Steven-Gerrard-to-Rangers-Liverpool-agrees-contract-manager

"...........he was now agreed to take over after ironing out details of the deal.

That is according to the Daily Star, who claim Gerrard will now spend the next few weeks ‘assessing the squad from a distance’ in order to plot a transfer strategy.............."

I know Buster. There are other folk quoting it too, however. Might wrll be just Star pish as I indicated. "3 year deal" unnecessarily specific, though. 

Edited by SteveC

2 minutes ago, SteveC said:

I know Buster. There are other folk quoting it too, however. Might wrll be just Star pish as I indicated. "3 year deal" unnecessarily specific, though. 

I'm just pointing to the relevant words.

I'd doubt they'd go with that, if it were Colin Nish.