New manager rumours

As I do not follow European football/leagues I have no Idea who PDH is and as far as RDB I really don't wish us to have another foreign manager.

In saying that I have no clue as to who could do a job for us and despite being a glass half-full type pessimism is setting in re the positionAt the moment I will be renewing my ST more in hope than anticipation.

That's a good solid move from Bayern; they're not scrambling to appoint some 'big name', or someone based on a dated record, merely a promising coach who's been doing a very good job at Frankfurt (they play some nice stuff). 

That's what we should be doing, but there's just no real talent in Scotland; every team plays the same sort of way, and no one is tactically progressive. 

Jack Ross is probably one of the more promising, but he's not wildly different from the rest. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

That's a good solid move from Bayern; they're not scrambling to appoint some 'big name', or someone based on a dated record, merely a promising coach who's been doing a very good job at Frankfurt (they play some nice stuff). 

That's what we should be doing, but there's just no real talent in Scotland; every team plays the same sort of way, and no one is tactically progressive. 

Jack Ross is probably one of the more promising, but he's not wildly different from the rest. 

The thought ran through my mind but I'm not sure he could hack it if things got a little difficult.

At St.Mirren when it wasn't going well he ended up in the stands arguing/conversing with supporters who were giving him stick, ie. multiply the scrutiny/demands and divide the level of patience and you have to ask if he could keep a level head and do his job.

I get the appointment of a younger promising manager (back in the day St.Mirren had one called Alex Ferguson) but I'm not seeing one that fits the bill in Scotland. Styles have changed and a Fergie like manager is old hat, perhaps Alex Neill is the closest younger Scottish manager at present.

23 minutes ago, buster. said:

The thought ran through my mind but I'm not sure he could hack it if things got a little difficult.

At St.Mirren when it wasn't going well he ended up in the stands arguing/conversing with supporters who were giving him stick, ie. multiply the scrutiny/demands and divide the level of patience and you have to ask if he could keep a level head and do his job.

I get the appointment of a younger promising manager (back in the day St.Mirren had one called Alex Ferguson) but I'm not seeing one that fits the bill in Scotland. Styles have changed and a Fergie like manager is old hat, perhaps Alex Neill is the closest younger Scottish manager at present.

Yes, that's an issue. As is the fact that he's on'y managed in the Championship thus far. Can he make the step up?

Alex Neil is probably the best young Scottish manager at the moment, but he's (a) not too different from what the rest do and (b) probably out of our reach, being a success in the English Championship is a good stage.

None really stand out. 

I watched a video about Guardiola's early managerial apprenticeship, and nothing really compares here -- he's choosing clubs in Italy and Mexico to work with managers and learn their methods. We're rather close-minded when it comes to this stuff.

Bundesliga sides have an extraordinary track record of promoting youth coaches straight into top jobs. Klopp was a youth coach at Mainz before getting the first-team job, before going to Dortmund; Tuchel followed the same route. But you've also got Nagelsmann (Hoffenheim), Tedesco (Schalke), Titz (Hamburg), Dardai (Hertha), and now Kovac (Frankfurt).

They've all generally been promoted straight from the Academy, and they're all tactically progressive. 

I believe the German FA actually run a coaching academy (-type thing), where these young coaches are given the time and space, assistance and knowledge to develop and learn. 

Nagalsmann and Tedesco are actually called 'Laptop managers' in Germany, but it's not pejorative! Cathro was ridiculed here -- OK he didn't do a great job, but we're very dismissive of anything different. Our managers are just ex-players that haven't actually developed or learned anything as coaches.  

11 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Bundesliga sides have an extraordinary track record of promoting youth coaches straight into top jobs. Klopp was a youth coach at Mainz before getting the first-team job, before going to Dortmund; Tuchel followed the same route. But you've also got Nagelsmann (Hoffenheim), Tedesco (Schalke), Titz (Hamburg), Dardai (Hertha), and now Kovac (Frankfurt).

They've all generally been promoted straight from the Academy, and they're all tactically progressive. 

I believe the German FA actually run a coaching academy (-type thing), where these young coaches are given the time and space, assistance and knowledge to develop and learn. 

Nagalsmann and Tedesco are actually called 'Laptop managers' in Germany, but it's not pejorative! Cathro was ridiculed here -- OK he didn't do a great job, but we're very dismissive of anything different. Our managers are just ex-players that haven't actually developed or learned anything as coaches.  

So you are saying Murty is our man ? :ninja:

13 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

These managers are working with far higher quality players than we will ever have at Rangers! none of these managers would be successful at Ibrox unless they have cash to improve the quality of player they would require...........................I think?:P