New manager rumours

It's staggering really, almost incomprehensible. They've wiped the floor with us for years, seen us reduced to a shadow of our former status and yet they remain utterly obsessed with Rangers. It's as if Rangers surviving the shitstorm of recent years has hurt them more deeply than anything we ever did on the park.

Just now, Bill said:

It's staggering really, almost incomprehensible. They've wiped the floor with us for years, seen us reduced to a shadow of our former status and yet they remain utterly obsessed with Rangers. It's as if Rangers surviving the shitstorm of recent years has hurt them more deeply than anything we ever did on the park.

Don't kid yourself.

They simply get more out of watching us suffer then anything to do with their own club.

The irony being that being utterly transfixed with what is happening at what they say is a new club is the biggest contradiction I've ever known within Scottish fitbaw.

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

Don't kid yourself.

They simply get more out of watching us suffer then anything to do with their own club.

The irony being that being utterly transfixed with what is happening at what they say is a new club is the biggest contradiction I've ever known within Scottish fitbaw.

It's All About The Rangers.

55 minutes ago, buster. said:

If Murphy had said something definitive, it might be worth more attention. What he said was in parts positive and in others left up in the air. Whilst his mate is negotiating, you wouldn't expect anything else.

People can make up their own minds, I think the board are kite flying.

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't agree with personal abuse but any respect I had for Murty has vanished.  I'm looking forward to the day he's away.

I think Gerrard will turn the job down and really hope the board have other candidates lined up.

There's no sign of the board having any candidates lined up and, like you, I think the chances of Gerrard becoming our next manager are low. 

3 hours ago, trublusince1982 said:

So take a job you know full well your not ready or able for. That putting ones self before the club. So if that puts me with Mccinnes then I'm in better company than those who milk us for their own gain

You may be ignoring the possibility that the Board told Murty that, having been rejected by McInnes, they had no other alternative lined up and that they badly needed Murty to step up.  What if he had said he wasn't up to the task yet ?  What then ?  We just let the players pick the team ?

We have absolutely no idea what the Board were telling him in the background.  Indeed, for all we know, Murty could well have been telling them that he wasn't ready for it and the response could have been "We hear you, but we are in desperate need and you have done it before".

3 hours ago, alskoosher said:

Can't help with the detail, all I do know is that Murphy was SG's best man and is his best mate, that would make me go with Murphy before any reporter. 

Murphy said that the negotiations went well.  So why would this be "as far away as ever it was" ????

I listened to the Murphy conversation on talksport and the main thing he said was Gerrard was excited but wanted assurances regarding investment. He also said Gerrard would not be put off by the scale of the challenge but implied he was a bright chap and had questions. I’ll maybe have a look at the ‘investment’ tomorrow thread but on second thoughts I’ll probably just wait for the ‘Investment confirmed yesterday thread’ as that must be key. 

Murphy is also a big mate and confidant of Gerrard according to others on the radio so probably worth noting what he says. 

1 hour ago, craig said:

You may be ignoring the possibility that the Board told Murty that, having been rejected by McInnes, they had no other alternative lined up and that they badly needed Murty to step up.  What if he had said he wasn't up to the task yet ?  What then ?  We just let the players pick the team ?

We have absolutely no idea what the Board were telling him in the background.  Indeed, for all we know, Murty could well have been telling them that he wasn't ready for it and the response could have been "We hear you, but we are in desperate need and you have done it before".

Agree with what your saying but people stand on their own two feet. Doesnt matter what anyone says at the end of the day the decision is yours and yours alone. No idea why we couldnt get soneone other than murty but get the point your making. Have had enough of the snowflake behaviour we see today. He made the decision then its on him. 

Hes gone now. Now its the next episode in the rangers drama 

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Yes but they missed the biggest trick. We didn't die and they know we are on their tails. The one thing you get when you know you are in an unwarranted pole position. A sore neck watching behind you.