New manager rumours

I still think Gerrard will turn down the offer.  He had to be professional and polite when asked live on TV...I wouldn't read too much into his reaction.

I'm not terribly keen on appointing another rookie anyway.

Humza Yousaf

To all the Rangers fans slagging me off for my prediction about Gerrard becoming Rangers manager...fair play!  Got to be able to take it! The banter is the best part. Two words of caution though when thinking of a Liverpool legend taking over your club: John Barnes 

I’m hoping it’s announced before the weekend. Our players will play out of their skins in the remaining 3 games knowing they’re playing to be a part of Steven Gerard’s first squad as manager. 

And to think, some Scots are so bereft of sense that they vote for Nationalist opportunists like Humza Yousaf.  He's an MP who is tweeting about football rumours, using smileys.

I'd laugh if I didn't have to share oxygen with them.

3 minutes ago, SteveC said:

They are acting in the BT studio as though it has already been announced.

Yes the BT crew appear to be acting as though Gerard has already privately told them he's taking the job. You would imagine their behaviour might be different if he had expressed any reservations.

11 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Humza Yousaf

To all the Rangers fans slagging me off for my prediction about Gerrard becoming Rangers manager...fair play!  Got to be able to take it! The banter is the best part. Two words of caution though when thinking of a Liverpool legend taking over your club: John Barnes 

LOL humza useless caught telling porkies. Nicoliar will be proud of him

And he isn't short of a few bob. He must be worth tens of millions. His estimated earnings from a single year.

Gerrard has had several different sponsorships in his career including current deals with Adidas, Jaguar Cars and Lucozade. In 2014, Forbes listed his combined income from salaries, bonuses and off-field earnings at $17.2 million for the previous 12 months.

9 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

And he isn't short of a few bob. He must be worth tens of millions. His estimated earnings from a single year.

It's unlikely but I wonder if he has ambition to own part of the club? Or could he be the choice of future investors? The world of Rangers is so convoluted that anything is possible.