In respect of this really excellent piece of writing from Rick Roberts, there have been two huge frustrations in recent years.

The first was the fractured nature of those seeking to speak for the many supporter factions, who used far more energy decrying each other than was ever expended on our detractors.

The second was the decision of Club1872 to engage such a narrow agenda, focussed almost entirely on share ownership and a seat on the board. I think it’s now clear Club1872 is to be the fans’ vehicle but it really needs to set aside its continuing obsession with share ownership and be the voice of the support that it could be. We have enormous collective influence but the old divisions and frustration will reappear unless the potential is turned to action.

Edited by Bill

Agree with all of this but part of the remit must be to call out our own when they step out of line. That would give more substance to such an initiative.  

We must not simply defend Rangers but call out the malicious detractors in the most public but legal and respectful manner. 

The platform must obviously be social media and it will take some serious professional input and energy to turn this round. It makes sense for 1872 to be the vehicle with support and funding from the club. 1872 perhaps needs to amend its raision detre to accommodate and have clear delineation between the body questioning the club and the part of it that needs support from the club and it’s resources. 

I for one would volunteer and give my time to assist a constructive initiative in any way that helps. I am sure there are many like me. There is nothing stopping this happening. 

29 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

Agree with all of this but part of the remit must be to call out our own when they step out of line. That would give more substance to such an initiative.  

We must not simply defend Rangers but call out the malicious detractors in the most public but legal and respectful manner. 

The platform must obviously be social media and it will take some serious professional input and energy to turn this round. It makes sense for 1872 to be the vehicle with support and funding from the club. 1872 perhaps needs to amend its raision detre to accommodate and have clear delineation between the body questioning the club and the part of it that needs support from the club and it’s resources. 

I for one would volunteer and give my time to assist a constructive initiative in any way that helps. I am sure there are many like me. There is nothing stopping this happening. 

You're in the land of make believe now

Club 1872 is a major shareholder of the club. If it sees the club's name (and thus "its shareholding") being brought into disrepute by libel and blackmail, half-truths and lies, why not take action and send a lawyer (e.g. the omni-potent Donald Findlay) after these people and papers? Make complaints to Ofcom et al. Utilize the Fighting Fund if need be.

Just do it!

12 hours ago, boabie said:

Groups pointing out the bias against us is to be welcomed. But as long as Rangers fans provide the funds to keep clubs who are part of the problem going this will keep running. Nobody is reporting what is happening to the average man in the street. 

Stop buying the papers. Stop going to away matches against the problem.

When they are starving they'll maybe change their tune.

At the same time get our groups to call out halfwits like Spiers or bigots like Haggerty at every turn.

We really should have been doing that since our return to the top league, they all wanted us dead yet the blue pound keeps them in business.

If C1872 continue to fight back on behalf of the fans then they would probably find more fans would sign up to them!.