Club confirm Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller suspended until further notice

RANGERS will today sack Kenny Miller and suspend skipper Lee Wallace after a furious Hampden bust-up with gaffer Graeme Murty on Sunday.

SunSport can reveal that Miller’s Ibrox career is OVER following a major changing-room rammy with the Gers boss after the 4-0 Old Firm defeat.

Kenny Miller

WILLIE VASS
Kenny Miller will be sacked by Rangers today

The 38-year-old former Scotland striker’s contract runs out at the end of the season but he’ll have his deal paid up in full and then be immediately shown the door.

Captain Wallace, 30, also seems certain to have played his last game for the club.

The experienced left-back has been out of the side with an injury since September and wasn’t stripped for the Scottish Cup semi-final clash.

But he joined his team-mates after the final whistle and stands accused of showing Murty a lack of respect with an angry outburst.

Lee Wallace

WILLIE VASS
Gers skipper Wallace will be suspended by the club

Wallace still has another year remaining on his contract — and club chiefs are planning to suspend him pending an internal investigation into what happened.

A high-ranking Gers source told SunSport: “The Ibrox hierarchy are raging with the behaviour of the club’s most senior player and club captain after Sunday’s defeat.

“The powers-that-be believe the manager has been undermined and have decided to take action.

“They don’t think what happened in the dressing room is acceptable.”

BET £10 WITH SUN BETS AND GET A FREE £30 BET

Suited Wallace is believed to have vented his anger towards Murty for the team’s poor performance against Celts.

Then Miller — an unused sub in the game — had his say. The Gers boss refused to accept their criticism.

In his after-match press conference the under-pressure boss admitted: “There was emotion, anger, disappointment — all the things you’d expect after a game like that.”

Now though it’s emerged Murty has held talks with Gers directors and decided he wants Miller and Wallace OUT of his squad.

Murty

KENNY RAMSAY - THE SUN GLASGOW
Experienced Gers duo had bust-up with Murty following Celtic hammering at Hampden

Both have been model professionals throughout their careers but the club feel they must back their manager.

It’s the first sign of a new hardline approach since chairman Dave King appointed Douglas Park as his right-hand man.

But crucially it’s Murty who is believed to have demanded action be taken against the outspoken duo.

A worrying thought is why are the board backing a manager over the club captain and the most senior player when the manager only has 5 games left?

Unless he doesn’t actually have 5 games left...

Edited by Unicorn

Regardless if this is true, untrue, used by the board for whatever reason, I'm afraid if it means that Murty is handed the job for next season then I'll have to seriously reconsider renewing a seat that I've sat in for what would be a 31st season.

And, I would strongly imagine that I would be unlikely to return until this board are gone. I've tried to make allowances for them. They lurch from crisis to crisis.

If this statement is forthcoming in the morning, the Hearts match will be fun and games.

Hell mend them.

46 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Regardless if this is true, untrue, used by the board for whatever reason, I'm afraid if it means that Murty is handed the job for next season then I'll have to seriously reconsider renewing a seat that I've sat in for what would be a 31st season.

And, I would strongly imagine that I would be unlikely to return until this board are gone. I've tried to make allowances for them. They lurch from crisis to crisis.

If this statement is forthcoming in the morning, the Hearts match will be fun and games.

Hell mend them.

David Edgar seems to believe its true.

1 hour ago, Unicorn said:

A worrying thought is why are the board backing a manager over the club captain and the most senior player when the manager only has 5 games left?

Unless he doesn’t actually have 5 games left...

They made the error of backing them last time the Board are merely belatedly doing what they should have done months ago.

1 hour ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Hell mend them.

It's been patently obvious for months that Murty isn't getting the permanent gig.

Whilst it's clear the Board as much as the team need to up their game I doubt the Board are going anywhere though a few fresh faces wouldn't go amiss.

Well this has escalated quickly. Only a month ago that everything seemed to be going ok. The last league defeat to ‘the other side of the Old Firm’ was disappointing but the performance was pretty promising and now this. What the fuck’s happened?