Club confirm Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller suspended until further notice

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Much of the focus is presently on Murty but if he remains and Sunday goes badly, then it will move to the boardroom.

I think focus has already shifted there, from what I'm seeing and hearing.  

I'm hoping Murty will be gone before Sunday but doubt he will.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think focus has already shifted there, from what I'm seeing and hearing.  

I'm hoping Murty will be gone before Sunday but doubt he will.

Re. Focus: That is the natural progression and we aren't short of fans who'll see this as opportunistic to lay into the board because of deep-rooted positions. 

That said, the board are obviously deserving of being asked searching questions and more importantly coming up with answers. I think it'd be wise to pre-empt the current mgmt. problem and replace Murty. However, to simply put another assisstant in charge might have very little effect.

It's an extremely challenging situation but one that the club has been heading toward because of a series of poor decisions.

Dressing-room arguments are healthy, but only if they're managed properly. I would expect a few heated words after that performance. 

However, I don't agree with senior players being able to undermine a manager. I don't expect and don't want Murty around for too much longer, but there is a way to put one's point across without undermining. It's happened before, and we supported the players. That was wrong.

We need a new core/spine. I think we're getting there, but we still need a lot more. Foferingham, Docherty, McCrorie, Jack, Tavernier, Morelos will/should be the new spine, as they improve and mature; hopefully over the next 5 years. We need more, though.    

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

Dressing-room arguments are healthy, but only if they're managed properly. I would expect a few heated words after that performance. 

However, I don't agree with senior players being able to undermine a manager. I don't expect and don't want Murty around for too much longer, but there is a way to put one's point across without undermining. It's happened before, and we supported the players. That was wrong.

We need a new core/spine. I think we're getting there, but we still need a lot more. Foferingham, Docherty, McCrorie, Jack, Tavernier, Morelos will/should be the new spine, as they improve and mature; hopefully over the next 5 years. We need more, though.    

More than anything,............we need a manager with the authority, credibility and backing to start building a team.

Until that happens we'll have a collection of individuals (some good players) winning some and losing some.

This is becoming reminiscent of them throughout the whole decade of the 90's. Fergus McCann came in mid decade and it took about four seasons for them to win the league. They went through God knows how many managers, Brady, Macari, Burns, Venglos....

Edited by Barebear

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

More than anything,............we need a manager with the authority, credibility and backing to start building a team.

Until that happens we'll have a collection of individuals (some good players) winning some and losing some.

Yes, I agree. That's key. 

But we also need a bit of a clear-out, IMO. And, we do have a few good younger players there to develop a new spine; that was my point. Like you say, they have to be harnessed properly by a decent manager.

31 minutes ago, Frankie said:

The idea that dressing room fall outs and arguments don't happen is naivety at best. When such do happen they have to be managed properly. Warburton, Caixinha and now Murty all appear incapable. Once again this falls on the board's incompetence in that respect. Beyond a joke.

It's actually quite stunning the way this team have imploded over the last month and we're now back to private issues being leaked across the media. Constant fire-fighting and finger-pointing will be a red flag to any potential new manager. An utter mess.

This kind of crap has been a regular issue and there's a chain of evidence pointing at someone (or some people) being unable to do their job in terms of managing the football operation. That responsibility lies outwith Murty and senior players.

Frankie when it comes to the crunch no football board is going to back the manager. It simply is cheaper to get a new manager than replace a team of players. It happened with PLG Warburton Caixenha RDB at Inter, gertjan Verbeek at Feynoord and also recently at Twente. That is just off the top of my head I am sure there are many more.

27 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Some slipping discs in that spine.