Just what we require (new fans group formed)

14 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I've gone to Rangers games with plenty of dodgy characters over years. It doesn't mean anything.

As for the concern about mad Phil getting information on it, if the VBs are happy to give this organisation their backing and someone like John McKee is involved then I don't have any worries about their "staunchness".

That's not to say that it's going to be a roaring success but I don't see any reasons at this point to doubt the sincerity of its aims.

I'm not convinced by one or two people that are involved due to their behaviour on social media and internet forums in the past but people might well say the same about me.  Hey-ho!

I think though if you're asking for cash from people on the basis of trust then you really have to be beyond reproach.  That's not to say the scheme won't (or shouldn't) be a success just that as the administrator of this forum, I'd recommend people use their judgement wisely and I'm sure they will.

The new organisation have promised full transparency and some of their comments seem positive so we'll see what happens going forward.

2 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Without getting in to the realms of hearsay, I've been told that there is involvement.

The people that want rid of King and his chums smell an opportunity. As is always the case, useful pawns are collated and deployed in order to promote legitimacy.

In the interests of balance, obviously King will be doing exactly the same elsewhere... ;)

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

I'm not convinced by one or two people that are involved due to their behaviour on social media and internet forums in the past but people might well say the same about me.  Hey-ho!

I think though if you're asking for cash from people on the basis of trust then you really have to be beyond reproach.  That's not to say the scheme won't (or shouldn't) be a success just that as the administrator of this forum, I'd recommend people use their judgement wisely and I'm sure they will.

The new organisation have promised full transparency and some of their comments seem positive so we'll see what happens going forward.

Full transparency is certainly easy to promise, as was done by the current board (who have failed miserably on that) and C1872, where directors ended up resigning en masse due to the fact that they had no control over the C1872 cash and it was being controlled by a club official (and may still be for all I know).

Despite that, I'd still go down the route of C1872 than this new organisation, but I may not agree with the methods of those involved with FR, I still don't see anything to suggest that they're not acting with good intentions.

FWIW I just don't want to see the average fan being used and abused by anyone. People have monetised us in the past, people are doing so now, and people will do so in the future.

We all want Rangers to win. Some because of a love of football, some because of a religious and moral sense of duty and some because of both.

As long as there is a Rangers, there will be unscrupulous characters who will attempt to push our buttons in order to line their own pockets. That's all I was trying to say.

I made a comment on Twitter that it was wrong to ask for money without giving the names of who was involved. I got told to go and shove a straw up James Blair’s a*se from someone who turned out to be one of the ‘committee’.?

Just now, plgsarmy said:

I made a comment on Twitter that it was wrong to ask for money without giving the names of who was involved. I got told to go and shove a straw up James Blair’s a*se from someone who turned out to be one of the ‘committee’.?

That speaks volumes about this new group.  

12 minutes ago, plgsarmy said:

:D I guess you wouldn't get past the recruitment committee.

I know it's serious as it's people's cash, but I had to laugh at their response.

I'm presuming that they're all VBs and they've never been fans of yours.