What's Happened to the Jukebox Thread?

Anybody who is familiar with the Sopranos may know that the last song I posted played twice during a Sopranos episode. As did this one. Needless to say I have been re-watching the Sopranos.

31 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Anybody who is familiar with the Sopranos may know that the last song I posted played twice during a Sopranos episode. As did this one. Needless to say I have been re-watching the Sopranos.

Love this, and also Chickentown by John Cooper Clark in the last series as Phil Leotardo tells Butch that he intends to go on the offensive....classic ep!!

Sorry, Gonna post it...can't help myself ;) 

4 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Love this, and also Chickentown by John Cooper Clark in the last series as Phil Leotardo tells Butch that he intends to go on the offensive....classic ep!!

Sorry, Gonna post it...can't help myself ;) 

The previous one I posted which was 'Living On A thin Line' by the Kinks played during the episode in which Ralph Cifaretto murdered the stripper Tracee. One of the most deserved whackings of the entire show when Ralph was taken out. 

Just now, JFK-1 said:

The previous one I posted which was 'Living On A thin Line' by the Kinks played during the episode in which Ralph Cifaretto murdered the stripper Tracee. One of the most deserved whackings of the entire show when Ralph was taken out. 

Defo and what a way to go!! I have the Kinks on my playlist as i've always preferred them to the Stones and Beatles. 

2 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Defo and what a way to go!! I have the Kinks on my playlist as i've always preferred them to the Stones and Beatles. 

I obviously know who the Kinks are and knew a lot of their songs but had never heard living on a thin line till it played in the Sopranos. From the opening chords and lyrics it captivated me. Haunting.

Had to take some of the lyrics and google them to discover the song and artist.  Same with Nils Lofgren and Black Books. The Sopranos among other things introduced me to some greats songs.

8 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

And incidentally same with John Cooper Clarke and Chickentown when I first heard it in that episode. Googled the lrics and downloaded the song.

6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I obviously know who the Kinks are and knew a lot of their songs but had never heard living on a thin line till it played in the Sopranos. From the opening chords and lyrics it captivated me. Haunting.

Had to take some of the lyrics and google them to discover the song and artist.  Same with Nils Lofgren and Black Books. The Sopranos among other things introduced me to some greats songs.

One of the bonuses in the upsurge of great quality cable and streaming series has been the quality of the music The Sopranos, The Wire, Billions et al have some stunning music in them.

Not something you tend to get over here though a few years back the BBC Scotland Case Histories series had some excellent music in it from the likes of Lucinda Williams, Gillian Welch etc which was a most welcome and pleasing surprise.

1 hour ago, forlanssister said:

One of the bonuses in the upsurge of great quality cable and streaming series has been the quality of the music The Sopranos, The Wire, Billions et al have some stunning music in them.

Not something you tend to get over here though a few years back the BBC Scotland Case Histories series had some excellent music in it from the likes of Lucinda Williams, Gillian Welch etc which was a most welcome and pleasing surprise.

I have mentioned this opinion before but can't remember if I have mentioned it on gersnet before. I believe we're in a new golden age of TV that's never been matched before. With the rise of subscription TV and the resultant billions in income the cable and streaming channels can now compete with Hollywood for the best actors and writers.

Thus you see stunning spectacles like game of thrones costing $10 million or even more for a single episode. And superbly written shows such as the Sopranos with Hollywood level actors.