What's Happened to the Jukebox Thread?

The reason I was asking about the Bee Gees was I stumbled upon youtube reactions from young people to old songs, like Tom Jones, Righteous Brothers, Queen, etc, and a lot of the young people are amazed to what what they are hearing, often for the first time, and although a lot of them are just acting in their reaction I found some of the reactions interesting.

35 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

The reason I was asking about the Bee Gees was I stumbled upon youtube reactions from young people to old songs, like Tom Jones, Righteous Brothers, Queen, etc, and a lot of the young people are amazed to what what they are hearing, often for the first time, and although a lot of them are just acting in their reaction I found some of the reactions interesting.

Not that I'm claiming to be young, but it's amazing how your musical taste and opinion changes. 

For years I thought both The Beatles and Oasis were overrated, talentless etc. Now, quite enjoy listening to both. 

Now others will have differing opinions, but think we will all have bands / artists that we didn't like, but may now like them (if that makes sense!) 

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Not that I'm claiming to be young, but it's amazing how your musical taste and opinion changes. 

For years I thought both The Beatles and Oasis were overrated, talentless etc. Now, quite enjoy listening to both. 

Now others will have differing opinions, but think we will all have bands / artists that we didn't like, but may now like them (if that makes sense!) 

I think I appreciate more now bands and music that when I was young I didn't care much at all for them, maybe there is a touch of nostalgia involved in that? but listening to bands, songs now that were around back then I kind of like a lot of stuff I didn't back then! not sure if even I understand what I have just typed? ?

16 hours ago, CammyF said:

Exactly. Being into punk, metal and indie, i always thought Hawkwind were prog rock rubbish and the Kinks a poor mans Beatles or Stones. I now favour the Kinks above the Stones as i think their songs are cleverer and Hawkwind's Spacerock as its termed is fantastic if you skip the Michael Moorcock spoken word songs that is. But there are some bands/artists i wouldn't touch with a shitty stick and that include Blur, Paul Weller solo, Dire Straits, Genesis, Cockney Rejects and any prog rock. :) 

Music tastes definitely mature.  I loved the whole Madchester/indie scene as a kid but looking back, most of it was shite.  Still love The Stones Roses and the first two Verve albums though.

I liked Oasis when they first appeared but can't stand them now.  

The Bee Gees have written some fantastic songs but I never really got into them.  Queen, ELO, The Kinks and The Doors are four bands I really can't stand.

Wouldn't say I'm a prog rock fan, as such but have been obsessed with King Crimson since I was about 17.  

I find my tastes are more expansive now.  My collection of jazz CDs is growing much faster than any other genre.