What's Happened to the Jukebox Thread?

23 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Yes I still do gigs /festivals - mainly Download now (used to be Monsters of Rock), but have attended the Punk rebellion weekenders in Blackpool.

I missed the first punk era, but was heavily into the new wave in late seventies/early eighties, ANL, Exploited, Discharge, Blitz, P&TTB, and also the better Oi bands like Last resort and the Business but also went back and enjoyed all the early bands and have seen them all many times like the Damned, Buzzcocks, Skids and even the Pistols reunions.

Motorhead were the cross over band that got me into heavy rock/metal and i prefer the heavier side such as Sabbath (Classic & Dio) Saxon, Judas Priest, ACDC, Venom and many of the newer bands like Orange Goblin, Ghost, Rob Zombie and Airbourne. 

In complete contrast to the metal I also like, listen and see if still performing Indie bands such as Joy Division, early New Order, Morrissey, Feeder, Therapy, early Cure, The Wedding Present, recent Depeche Mode and even Frank Carter so i should probably say i'm fairly eclectic as well :) 

Liked a bit of Oi back in the day and like yourself I missed the early first wave of Punk but got the 2nd wave.

Didn't get metal apart from the obvious like Motorhead, ACDC and Iron Maiden.

Rave was the first cultural revelution I was around for, so enjoyed that for a couple of years until it got too popular and the scene changed for the worse. 

Now I appreciate almost all types of music and can't wait until the gigs start again!.

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Funnily enough, I have been listening to Joe Henderson, lately.

Strangely, I didn't own any Joe Henderson albums until very recently.   I'm not sure why.

Herbie Hancock is almost peerless, same with Art Blakey.

Wayne Shorter's 60s output is up there with the best.  Speak No Evil is one of my favourite albums from any genre and this track is something that never fails to blow my mind...

On 08/01/2021 at 21:56, CammyF said:

Great track (there isn't a poor track on this album) from one of the most underrated albums of the 1980s 

Agree, i got this album after buying Outside the Gate, I think the band found their feet with these two albums, although the later was probably more commercially successful, though i may be wrong.