What's Happened to the Jukebox Thread?

8 minutes ago, bmck said:

For me it's about the rawness of the sound and the depth of the lyrics. Even as a kid into dance music, once you subtract Curtis' lyrics they're the other talented musicians in the band.

Nothing against New Order at alll - I love them. They just can't be reasonably compared to JD, in my view. It depends on what you value in music. What's in She's lost control is in Gotterdamarung.

Yeah there is no telling just how good / big JD would have been if Curtis hadn't taken his own life. 

The film Control gave a great insight into the world of Curtis and JD. 

As a "raver" far older than you sir ?, I can remember some DJs dropping JD songs into their sets. Remember at Streetrave 15th Birthday a certain Shaun Rider dropping Transmission and the crowd going berserk

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Yeah there is no telling just how good / big JD would have been if Curtis hadn't taken his own life. 

As a "raver" far older than you sir ?, I can remember some DJs dropping JD songs into their sets. Remember at Streetrave 15th Birthday a certain Shaun Rider dropping Transmission and the crowd going berserk

So sad that he hung himself listening to The Idiot, which is named after a novel by Dostoevsky. Sometimes life is too much for people.

I didn't like that film, but it gave us the vantage point of the least talented person in the room as gospel. They made all the songs - her - autobiography.

The version of them in that film with Shaun Rider etc. seemed better to me. 24 hour party people.

16 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Cats dying is no laughing matter. 

As a member of the persecuted group of of dying cat owners I can speak my truth and say: depends what team the owner supports. ;)

13 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Wwe need a Cammy's story time thread.

21 minutes ago, bmck said:

The version of them in that film with Shaun Rider etc. seemed better to me. 24 hour party people.

24 Hour Party People was a great film with a brilliant "soundtrack"